If your family likes Pizza, Spaghetti, or both, they will enjoy this recipe. This Easy Crock-Pot Pizza Spaghetti is a layered combination of both a pizza and spaghetti that is slowly cooked in the crock-pot. You can prepare it the night before in the crock-pot insert. The next morning all you need to do is place the insert in the crock-pot base and turn it on. This is a great recipe for a large family, or when having company, or simply because you do not want to cook for a couple of days.
When I think about the layers in this Pizza Spaghetti, it reminds me of how God works on us one layer at a time. Over our life time, God peels away the yucky layers that our flesh desires like; gossip, jealousy, impatience, hatred, and much more. He gives us opportunities to layer on His Fruits of the Spirit; Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control. Galatians 5:22 Each day we have to make choices rather or not we are going to practice these fruits of the Spirit. Each time we choose to practice a fruit of the Spirit, we become more like Jesus.
Recipe for Crock-Pot Pizza Spaghetti – Adapted the Crock-Pot Pizza recipe from Fix-It and Forget-It for
Entertainingcookbook to make this pizza spaghetti. Entertainingcookbook to make this pizza spaghetti.
- 1 pound sausage, browned and drained
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 1-8 ounce pack Spaghetti pasta, cooked according to package and drained
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 7 cups (56 ounces) - Spaghetti Sauce
- 1st Layer - Cook the pasta according to the package and drain it. Place the pasta in the bottom of the crock-pot that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
- 2nd Layer - Pour half of the Spaghetti sauce over pasta.
- 3rd Layer - Brown and drain 1-1/2 pounds ground beef and layer it on top of the Spaghetti Sauce.
- 4th Layer - Add 8 ounce pack of mozzarella cheese on top of the ground beef.
- 5th Layer - Add a layer of pepperoni.
- 6th Layer - Layer a pound of sausage on top of the Pepperoni.
- 7th Layer - Layer the other half of the Spaghetti Sauce on top of the Pepperoni and Sausage.
- 8th Layer - 8 ounces of mozzarella cheese on top of the Spaghetti Sauce.
- Next, sprinkle generously with Pizza & Pasta Magic or use your favorite pizza topping. I have also used Mama Francesca. It has a blend of grated Parmesan and spices.
- Cook on low 5 hours.
Spaghetti Sauce – If you are in a hurry, use your favorite prepared spaghetti sauce. Or See the Spaghetti Sauce recipe below that I prepare.
Next, sprinkle generously with Pizza & Pasta Magic or use your favorite pizza topping. I have also used Mama Francesca. It has a blend of grated parmesan and spices. Cook on low 5 hours.
Spaghetti Sauce Recipe – adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1-12 ounce can tomato paste
- 3-15 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 2 bay leaves (remove before layering the sauce in the crock-pot)
- Mix together and cook with in the pizza spaghetti.
- Cook in the crock-pot on low 3 to 4 hours.