To make this crock pot Meat Lovers Breakfast, I used the recipe that I posted earlier for Meat Lovers Breakfast. I love to make this crock pot version because when you wake up your breakfast is completely ready. The other benefit is how wonderful the entire house smells first thing in the morning.
If you have never cooked with Country Ham, you will have a real treat. It is cured with salt and then smoked in a smokehouse. Country Hams are salty. You really do not need to add extra salt. Before refrigeration, salt was the perfect solution to preserve and season food. It reminds me of how the Bible tells us to season our words. I believe Colossians 4:6 is saying to let our words be seasoned with the Love of God. Let’s think about how we can let our words encourage our family and friends.
“Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.” Colossians 4:6
Crock-Pot Meat Lovers Breakfast Recipe – I used 4 quart crock-pot
- 4 cups of frozen hash browns cubed or shredded (about 1/2 of a 2 pound bag)
- 3/4 pound of Country Ham, diced into bite size pieces, cooked and drained
- 1 pound of Maple Sausage, Cooked and drained
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked hard and crumbled
- 9 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (to layer on top)
Beat together 9 eggs, 2 cups milk, and 1 TB Worcestershire Sauce. Pour over the country ham, sausage, bacon.
With the back of the spoon, pat the meat down under the egg mixture.
Layer 1-1/2 cups Cheese on top of the egg mixture.
Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.