If you are looking for something Easy Breezy and Delicious to prepare for dinner, you have to try this recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken and Dumplings. O.K. southerners, I know that dumplings are really dumplins, but I am trying to use better English. I have already posted a recipe for made from scratch Chicken and Dumplings,but I wanted to give you this easier recipe. Although the made from scratch Chicken and Dumplings are wonderful, this recipe is much easier. To tell you the truth, my kids rave about the crock-pot version more than the made from scratch version. Because it is much easier, I tend to prepare it more often. Anyway, our family really enjoys it. I hope your family will enjoy these Crock-pot Chicken and Dumplings too.
Have some family time with your younger children or grandchildren in the kitchen. As parents, one of our jobs is to teach our children the Word of God. Deuteronomy 11:19 “Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” To me, there is no better place to do this than in the kitchen. I love to use food as a building block to teach the Bible. So, when it comes time to add the dumplings, let the kids use a right knife for their age and cut the biscuits into quarters. They can cut the biscuits into the shape of a cross. This would also be a good time to talk about how Jesus died on the cross for their sins. Use some bible verses like 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 or John 3:16.
- 3 to 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 celery ribs, chopped very small
- 1 large onion, chopped small
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 3-12 ounce cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 4 cups water or chicken stock
- 1-16 ounce cans of refrigerated biscuits
- Spray crock-pot with a cooking spray. Season both sides of the chicken breast with pepper, salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Add the chopped onion, chopped celery, Cream of Chicken Soup, water or chicken stock, and bay leaves.
- Cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred into small pieces.
- Return the chicken back to the crock-pot.
- Cut the biscuits into quarters and drop them into the crock-pot.
- Put the lid back on the crock-pot and cook for 30 minutes to an hour until dumplings are done.
Crock-Pot Chicken and Dumplings – recipe adapted from 101 Slow-Cooker recipes by Gooseberry Patch
This post was written by me, Diane Roark. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and subscribe on the homepage for e-mail updates of new posts. If you enjoyed this post, I would be grateful if you add it to social media.
Blessings Always, It is OK to use one of my photos but Please LINK BACK.