Are you feeding any kids? When you have a group of children eating, it is always a good idea to serve Macaroni and Cheese. When my kids were little, Mac & Cheese was a staple. My kids are now teenagers, and they still love Mac & Cheese. They truly get excited when they find out my Crock-pot/slow cooker is full of their favorite creamy, delicious food. Try using your crock-pot when fixing Mac & Cheese, especially if your crock-pot has a warm setting. After the Mac & Cheese starts bubbling around the edges, about 2-1/2 hours on low in crock-pot, just turn it on warm and forget about it. This recipe turns out very creamy and delicious.
Macaroni and Cheese is probably the ultimate comfort food which is probably why kids loves it so much. This reminds me of how my comfort comes from the Lord. So many times in my life, I have had to Trust God that He was going to work everything out. I have a son who has had 17 brain surgeries including months and months of hospital stays, and seizures. I have had a gun pointed to my head during a fast food robbery. I have moved due to my husband’s job 7 times. My husband and I adopted two children with Reactive Attachment Disorder and many other issues. My list could go on and on. I am sure you too have had many difficult times in your life. When life gets difficult, we have to find comfort and peace in God. I know God has worked every one of my difficult times out. I pray that God will comfort you too.
- Homemade Creamy Macaroni & Cheese - Crock-pot version coming this week
- Green Bean Casserole - see recipe below
- Green Bean Bundles
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Corn Pudding - Crock-pot version coming this week
- Lima Bean Casserole
- Broccoli and Yellow Rice Casserole
- Moist Corn Bread Dressing
- Deviled Eggs
- 7 Layered Salad
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
CROCK-POT CREAMY MACARONI AND CHEESE - adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining cookbook. I added salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and dry mustard.
- 1 pound dry macaroni - this is about 4 cups dry (I used penne pasta because it is what I had on hand. I normally use macaroni noodles.)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 10 3/4 ounce can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and dry mustard
- Cook the macaroni until al dente (this works better than fully cooking it). Mix the macaroni with all the ingredients except for 2 cups of shredded cheese for the top. Place the macaroni and other ingredients into a crock-pot that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Add the other 2 cups of shredded cheese to the top.
- Cook on low 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Once it is heated throughly and bubbling around the edges, turn the crock-pot to warm until ready to serve. Do not over cook it! You want it to be creamy.
- I used a 5 quart crock-pot. I had plenty of room to double or triple this recipe.
This post was written by me, Diane Roark. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and subscribe for e-mail updates of new posts and great Crock-pot tips for too. If you enjoyed this post, I would be grateful if you add it to social media.
Blessings Always, It is OK to use one of my photos but Please LINK BACK.
I believe the secret to building stronger families that stick together, communicate more, and love each other is to cook together, eating around the table together, play together, vacation together, and share God’s love.