Last week, I was nominated for this wonderful award and I could not even respond. I had to stay off my blog for 24 to 48 hours due to changing to a different web host. After switching hosts, I lost all my wordpress.com blog followers. If you followed me in the past, you probably are not getting my e-mail updates. If not, I would be so grateful if you would go to my homepage and enter your e-mail address.
I truly love blogging, but there are days when I ask if it really matters that I am blogging. Is Recipes For Our Daily Bread making any difference in this world? One day, will it make a difference to my children that I have collected all this information about our family’s favorite recipes and vacations in one place? Then, God sends me a reminder to keep blogging. His reminder is always perfect timing. I was pretty frustrated for many reasons while switching web hosts, but God used Teresa at Can’t Stay Out Of The Kitchen to remind me not to quit blogging. I tell my family often that all I wanted to do was to write about my favorite recipes and more NOT learn how search engines, web hosts, analytics, social media, a fancy camera, meta tags, post tags, photo Lightroom, WordPress themes, or many, many other things work like I had to do this past year. I have had many frustrating days. Blogging is definitely not as easy as it may look. So, I can never express to you how awards like this one and comments left by you mean so much to me. If you like a recipe, have tried one of my recipes, checked out one of my recommended restaurants or vacations, please continue to tell me about it. I will be forever grateful.
I was nominated by Teresa at Can’t Stay Out Of The Kitchen for Blog of the Year 2012 Award. It is an honor to be nominated by someone who has such a wonderful blog as she does. She has lots of pictures and it is really easy to navigate around. This month, she has been posting a Christmas cookie recipe almost daily. All the cookies look amazing and makes me want to bake even more.
Part of accepting this award is passing it forward to a few outstanding blogs. I had to narrow a huge list of my favorite blogs down to just a few, so I decided to choose my top 5 favorites. I hope you will visit my top 5 favorite blogs. They really are terrific!
The “rules” for this award are simple:
- Select another blog or other blogs who deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award;
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award;
- Include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Awardat theThought Paletteand provide these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook groupand then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
The following blogs are who I have chosen for the Blog of the Year 2012 Award. I am including a little bit about them. Be sure to visit these outstanding blogs.
- Flour Me With Love - Lisa does an outstanding job with her recipes and pictures, but what I really love about her blog is that she links up with other food bloggers by hosting blog parties. I get to see other great blogs with wonderful recipes that I might not have found otherwise.
- Taste of Yum – Lindsay is a teacher from Minneapolis who lives in the Philippines and working at an orphanage for a year. She has a wonderful food blog with amazing pictures. What I love about her blog is that she has so many resources for bloggers from information about cameras, to lighting, to web hosts, and more. I not only love her recipes but her Resources have been a wonderful help to me.
- Barbells and Buttercream - Andrea is a Christian who lives in Florida and loves sweets. We have a lot in common, which is probably why I like her so much. She seems to have a great balance between food, family, and fitness. Her recipes and pictures are really great.
- Cooking with K - Once you go to this site, you will immediately notice it is different. It is like being at grandma’s house. I love her site layout, colors, and overall appearance of her blog, not to mention her great recipes and pictures. K is also a Christian and a grandma.
- Susanna’s Apron - Susanna is a Christian who tries to encourage moms through everyday struggles by scripture and thoughts from the Bible. We all need encouragement and Susanna’s Apron does a great job.
OTHER AWARDS YOU MAY WANT TO READ ABOUT
- Nominated For A Very Inspiring Blog Award
- 100 Best Blogs and Businesses in Hospitality – Recipes For Our Daily Bread Made the List
I pray each of my Posts will bring Glory to God. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and subscribe on the homepage for e-mail updates of new posts.