Chocolate gravy and biscuits is a southern favorite for breakfast. Yes, chocolate for breakfast. If you have never tried chocolate gravy, I cannot stress to you what an over- the-top chocolate treat for breakfast you are missing. This is my all time favorite breakfast. If you want to kick it up, serve it with bacon. The sweet and salty
combination is wonderful!!! I cannot eat this gravy without thinking about “Ma Willie”, my husband’s grandmother. She was from Tennessee where chocolate gravy is very common on the breakfast table. She was the one who introduced me to this amazing gravy when I was just a teen. She passed away in 2008 at age 97. Thank you Ma for the wonderful gravy!!
- 4 TB flour, sifted
- 6 TB Cocoa, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a sauce pan, heat the milk. (be careful not to burn it).
- Add sifted flour, cocoa, and sugar, and whisk constantly.
- Stir until thick and no lumps.
- Add butter and vanilla last. This recipe is easy and comes out smooth every time.
I pray each of my Posts will bring Glory to God. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and subscribe on the homepage for e-mail updates of new posts.