If your kids like Cheeseburgers, they will enjoy this soup. It has all the ingredients of a great Cheeseburger but put into a soup, which is wonderful on a fall or winter day. This is another meat and potato dish that is very filling.
Most southern meals would not exist without our meat and potatoes. It is the core or main event of the table. When I think of meat and potatoes, it reminds me of where our meat and potatoes should come from. Sometimes, we ask everyone around us for advice before asking the only One who can give us the meat and potatoes (core information) that we need. Our meat and potatoes should always come from the Word of God. The next time you need some answers, always remember to seek God first in every decision that you make. He wants to hear from you.
“Therefore take no thought, saying, “What shall we eat?” or, “What shall we drink?” or, “With what shall we be clothed?”, for after all these things do the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you have need of all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:31-33
CHEESEBURGER SOUP INGREDIENTS
- Melt 4 TB butter and Whisk in 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Slowly whisk in 8 cups beef broth and bring to a boil
- Add 1 TB Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 TB Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Add 2 – 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 5 cups cubed hash browns
- Add 2 lb.ground beef, cooked and drained
- Add 2 tsp Tones or Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Add 1 cup heavy cream
- Add 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown and drain ground beef in a skillet.
- In a dutch oven, melt the butter.
- Add the flour.
- Whisk in 8 cups of beef broth and bring it to a boil.
- Add the kitchen bouquet, Worcestershire Sauce, chopped onion, garlic, hash browns, steak seasoning, cheese, and heavy cream.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
This post was written by me, Diane Roark. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and subscribe on the homepage for e-mail updates of new posts. If you enjoyed this post, I would be grateful if you add it to social media.
It is OK to use one of my photos but Please LINK BACK.