These blonde brownies, or blondies, are a sweet, super moist, treat. They are definitely one of our family’s favorites. I know I truly enjoy them. Every bite is full of creamy white chocolate and pecans. These blondies never last more than a day or two in my house. I love them warm right out of the oven when the white chocolate is melted and gooey. The blondies are super moist and perfect with a tall glass of milk. My husband loves these blondies at room temperature when the middle is moist and the edges get a little crunchy. I am pretty sure after you make a batch of these blondies that they will disappear in a day or two also. You may also enjoy homemade brownies.
White Chocolate Blondies - I adapted this recipe from Miss Daisy Celebrates Tennessee cookbook by Daisy King. I added 2 cups of white chocolate chips and some vanilla to this original recipe.
- 2/3 cup butter (11 tablespoons)
- 1 16-ounce box light brown sugar (1 box equals 2 1/3 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cup cake flour (sometimes I substitute all-purpose flour for the cake flour). Measure the 2 3/4 cup cake flour and then take out 5 tablespoons to equal 2 3/4 cup cake flour. You will also need to sift the all-purpose flour 3 times to equal cake flour.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, stir in the brown sugar until incorporated and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Let this mixture cool.
- Using an electric mixer, add eggs one at a time.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together and add to the sugar and egg mixture.
- Once everything has been incorporated, stir in by hand the white chocolate chips and the pecans.
- Put the mixture into a 13 x 9 baking dish that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Bake 35 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Insert a toothpick in the center and be sure it comes out clean.
I am a Southern Food & Travel blogger. I blog about RECIPES, RESTAURANT REVIEWS, FAITH, FAMILY, TRAVEL EXPERIENCES & GIVEAWAYS. I grew up in Alabama but currently live in ARKANSAS. I have lived in 6 Southern States. I have 5 children including 2 adoptive children and a son who has Cerebral Palsy. I am a Christian & Pray you will be encouraged when visiting my blog.