Coconut cake is my husband’s favorite cake. Since his birthday was yesterday, we celebrated with this Coconut Poke Cake. This cake is not only delicious but it is extremely easy to prepare. I found this Coconut Poke Cake Recipe on the Duncan Hines website when I was looking for the Banana Pudding Poke Cake I made last weekend. Both of these cakes turned out better than I expected them to be. The Coconut Poke Cake and the Banana Pudding Poke Cake ingredients definitely kick up a plain cake mix. I have no doubt I will make both quick, easy, and delicious cakes again, especially when I have no time to bake a cake from scratch. Like I said in an earlier post this week about Dino’s 24 Karrot Cake Company, I bake and eat way to much cake. With six people still at home, it seems like we are always celebrating a birthday, anniversary, “Gotcha Day”, Easter, Valentine’s, and many other holidays. If a cake is not super moist and delicious, I do not eat it nor bake it again. I will definitely be baking this cake again!
Coconut Poke Cake Recipe
- 1 box White Cake Mix – I used Duncan Hines Cake Mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 -14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated)
- 1 -14 ounce can of cream of coconut
- 16 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 8 ounces flaked coconut – toast half of the coconut with the nuts
- 1-2 ounce pack of Macadamia OR silvered Almonds, lightly toasted in the oven with the coconut.
I pray each of my Posts will bring Glory to God. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and subscribe on my homepage top right corner for e-mail updates of new posts.