Have you ever had the Chocolate Chip Paradise Cookie from Chili’s restaurant? It is basically a moist cookie bar loaded with chocolate chips, walnuts, and coconut. It is topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel. It is warm, chocolatey, gooey, and has a little reminder of paradise with the coconut. I recently made a Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie which turned out wonderful. See recipe with this link. I decided to try the Paradise cookie ingredients in a skillet cookie. I love the combination of the chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut in this dessert. It turned out YUMMY!
Paradise Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted real butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts (I used pecans)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut
- In a large, 8 or 10 inch, cast iron skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Allow this to cool down until it is just warm.
- Add 2 beaten eggs.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt with a whisk.
- Blend in the flour mixture with the butter and sugar mixture. The batter will become thick.
- Stir in the nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut.
- Press the batter down into the skillet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees if you are using a 10 in cast iron skillet. This time I baked this cookie in my 8 inch skillet. I baked it for 40 minutes.
I pray each of my Posts will bring Glory to God. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and subscribe on my homepage top right corner for e-mail updates of new posts.