Have you ever had the Chocolate Chip Paradise Cookie from Chili’s restaurant? It is basically a moist cookie bar loaded with chocolate chips, walnuts, and coconut. It is topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel. It is warm, chocolatey, gooey, and has a little reminder of paradise with the coconut. I recently made a Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie which turned out wonderful. See recipe with this link. I decided to try the Paradise cookie ingredients in a skillet cookie. I love the combination of the chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut in this dessert. It turned out YUMMY!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted real butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts (I used pecans)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut
- In a large, 8 or 10 inch, cast iron skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Allow this to cool down until it is just warm.
- Add 2 beaten eggs.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt with a whisk.
- Blend in the flour mixture with the butter and sugar mixture. The batter will become thick.
- Stir in the nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut.
- Press the batter down into the skillet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees if you are using a 10 in cast iron skillet. This time I baked this cookie in my 8 inch skillet. I baked it for 40 minutes.
This post was written by me, Diane Roark. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and subscribe on the homepage for e-mail updates of new posts. If you enjoyed this post, I would be grateful if you add it to social media.
Blessings Always, It is OK to use one of my photos but Please LINK BACK.
I believe the secret to building stronger families that stick together, communicate more, and love each other is to cook together, eating around the table together, play together, vacation together, and share God’s love.