This Lemonade Cake is an Easy Recipe from Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove Cookbook. Fresh lemon flavor bursts from this cake and then melts in your mouth. You can register to win Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove Cookbook between Friday, August 16 and Friday, August 30, 2013 on my blog. The recipes I have tried are really delicious and the pictures of the food make you want to bend over and smell them. Smelling the picture of this lemon cake did not work for me, so I just had to bake it. I simply could not get enough of this cake. It was so Yummy! Click over to Register for my Debbie Macomber Cookbook giveaway and see Debbie’s BBQ Chicken Recipe. Deadline to register is Friday, August 30, 2013. Who is Debbie Macomber and why did she write the Cedar Cove Cookbook? You probably already know that Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author. She has written over 100 novels including the very popular Cedar Cove series. The Cedar Cove T.V. series is currently playing on the Hallmark Channel every Saturday night. My family is hooked on this series. Read more about Debbie Macomber and Cedar Cove on my post about Debbie’s BBQ Chicken Recipe. This Lemonade Cake was so easy to make my kids could make it. I can truly say it was the best Lemon Cake I have ever had. This cake completely disappeared after one day. It is easy to make because you use a box cake mix. The secret to this recipe is a box of instant lemon pudding mix and using juice from real lemons.
Lemonade Cake Recipe from Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove Cookbook
- 1 - 18 ounce box lemon flavored cake mix
- 1 - 3.4 ounce box lemon flavored instant pudding mix
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Glaze Recipe
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease and flour a large Bundt pan.
- Mix up cake mix according to package directions. I used Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix. It required 3 large eggs, 1 cup water, and 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
- Add the pudding mix and the lemon juice to the other cake mix ingredients.
- Blend together and pour into a prepared pan.
- Bake as directed on package. I baked my cake for 30 minutes.
- Test to see if it is done by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake.
- Let the cake cool for 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a serving plate.
- Glaze Instructions
- Whisk together the sugar, milk, and lemon juice.
- Drizzle over warm cake.
This post was written by me, Diane Roark. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and subscribe on the homepage for e-mail updates of new posts. If you enjoyed this post, I would be grateful if you add it to social media. Blessings Always, It is OK to use one of my photos but Please LINK BACK. I believe the secret to building stronger families that stick together, communicate more, and love each other is to cook together, eating around the table together, play together, vacation together, and share God’s love.