I have tried many Broccoli Raisin Salads over the past 20 years but this combination is my favorite. If you need a good Broccoli Salad recipe, try this combination I tweaked using Broccoli, Craisins, shredded carrots, crunchy crumbled bacon, chopped red onion, and sunflower seeds. I use mayonnaise, sweet honey, and a little lemon juice for the dressing. YUM! YUM! I really enjoy the combination of the sweetness of the Crainsins, the red onion, the salty crunchy bacon and sunflower seeds with the broccoli. Who wouldn’t eat their broccoli in this salad? I would eat this all the time. Try this Broccoli Salad and see if you call it the Best Broccoli Salad. If you have another version that is better, I truly want to try it too.
Broccoli Salad with Bacon Recipe
- 2 large bunches fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cook and crumble the bacon
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Stir together mayonnaise, honey, and lemon juice and set aside.
- Cook and crumble the bacon. See my blog for Oven Fried Bacon. The easiest way to cook bacon.
- Chop the broccoli and onion.
- Shred the carrots.
- Add the sunflower seeds and the Craisins to the broccoli, carrots, and onion.
- Toss the salad with the prepared dressing.
I am a Southern Food & Travel blogger. I blog about RECIPES, RESTAURANT REVIEWS, FAITH, FAMILY, TRAVEL EXPERIENCES & GIVEAWAYS. I grew up in Alabama but currently live in ARKANSAS. I have lived in 6 Southern States. I have 5 children including 2 adoptive children and a son who has Cerebral Palsy. I am a Christian & Pray you will be encouraged when visiting my blog. Blessings Always and Come Again!!