Updated Pictures September 2013
Are you ready for fall dishes? I am! I just love the smells and flavors of fall foods. This is my favorite time of the year for cooking. The tastes and aromas of fall baking fill my entire house with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, pumpkin spice, and apple pie spice. I also love the enticing aromas from poultry dishes, stuffings, dressings, cornbread, beans, soups, chili, and more. One of my favorite fall dishes which tastes great and smells amazing is this Crock-Pot Chicken and Dressing. It is like Thanksgiving Dinner in one pot. The smell coming from my Crock-Pot makes me do my “Happy Dance”. If you have followed me, you already know how much I am in love with my crock-pot. In other words, it is my “I know I am going to have a good dinner with little effort dance”.
Crock-Pot Chicken and Stuffing – Recipe adapted from Simply Southern cookbook Columbia Academy in Columbia, Tennessee Oct. 1996. I adapted this recipe and prepared it in the crock-pot.
- 3 to 4 boneless chicken breast, (optional cut into bite size pieces)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounce) condensed cream of celery soup (you can also use cream of mushroom soup).
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large boiled eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Herb or Chicken Stuffing Mix (or a 6 ounce box) I use Stovetop Stuffing.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning and place in the bottom of a crock-pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover the chicken with the slices of Swiss cheese.
- Mix together the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, and the milk and add it on top of the cheese.
- Slice the boiled eggs and add them to on top of the soup mixture.
- Sprinkle the dry Herb or Chicken Stuffing on top of the eggs and soup.
- Drizzle the melted butter on top of the dry Stuffing mixture.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
I am a Southern Food & Travel blogger. I blog about RECIPES, RESTAURANT REVIEWS, FAITH, FAMILY, TRAVEL EXPERIENCES & GIVEAWAYS. I grew up in Alabama but currently live in ARKANSAS. I have lived in 6 Southern States. I have 5 children including 2 adoptive children and a son who has Cerebral Palsy. I am a Christian & Pray you will be encouraged when visiting my blog.
Blessings Always and Come Again!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS TO BE TAKEN FROM THIS SITE WITHOUT THE WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM ME.