What inspired me to create this Chicken Pot Pie in an Individual Puff Pastry? While visiting Disney’s Magic Kingdom in Florida this past summer, we ate dinner at the new Be Our Guest Restaurant. Many times since eating there, I have thought about the delicious creamy, crunchy, seafood, stuffed pastry I ate. You can see the seafood stuffed pastry below. I did not feel like I could create the seafood filling with the creamy sauce, so I decided to add a comfort food we all enjoy to a puff pastry. My goal was to enjoy an individual crunchy pastry with a creamy filling. My family loves my Chicken Pot Pie recipe. Therefore, I added my creamy pot pie filling to a puff pastry that I individually cut. WOW! I cannot express to you how much we loved it! I think puff pastry is my new favorite kitchen item. I am working on an individual Apple Pie Crumble using Puff Pastry.
Chicken Pot Pie in Individual Puff Pastry Ingredients - This recipe filled 12 JUMBO Muffins plus 4 REGULAR size muffins. If you are using regular muffins tins, it will fill about 18 muffins. I used 2 packages of Puff Pastry dough. Each package has 2 sheets in it. To fill JUMBO Muffins tins, cut each sheet in fourths, cut in six pieces to fill regular muffin tins. After feeding my family, I had a few left over which were great the next day. I left the Chicken Pot Pie in Individual Puff Pastry in the muffin tins and wrapped it well with foil. When we ate it again, I unwrapped foil and warmed it up in the oven. You may find a better way, but this worked great for me.
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 large chicken breasts, cooked and cut in small pieces (I seasoned my chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic before baking)
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 pound frozen mixed veggies (16 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon each salt, pepper, and garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 potato, diced small and preboiled for 10 minutes
- 3 eggs, boiled and sliced
- Peel and dice the potato in small pieces. Boil for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, mix the soups, salt, pepper, garlic, poultry seasoning, vegetables, and diced onion and mix well.
- Stir in the chicken, potato, and sliced eggs.
- Flour a surface and roll the puff pastry out until the seams seal.
- Cut each sheet into 4 pieces if using a JUMBO MUFFIN tin. If using a REGULAR SIZED MUFFIN tin, cut each pastry sheet into 6 pieces.
- Place a piece of the puff pastry in each muffin tin.
- PRICK the bottom and sides of the puff pastry with a fork.
- Equally fill the puff pastry forms with the Chicken Pot Pie filling.
- Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes. The crust will be golden brown on the top. When you remove one from the pan, it should be golden brown on the bottom and sides.
This post was written by me, Diane Roark. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and subscribe on the homepage for e-mail updates of new posts. If you enjoyed this post, I would be grateful if you add it to social media. Blessings Always, It is OK to use one of my photos but Please LINK BACK. I believe the secret to building stronger families that stick together, communicate more, and love each other is to cook together, eating around the table together, play together, vacation together, and share God’s love.