I just love this combination of sweet potatoes with the blackened chicken. It gives your mouth a spicy, sweet kick. The Creamy Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes are delicious, but when you top them with spicy blackened chicken, some sweet caramelized onions , and a splash of Worcestershire Sauce on top, it really makes this dish a special treat. This is my version of one of my favorite meals at Copeland’s Restaurant. They have a Wood Grilled Chicken with Yams which is really wonderful and inspired me to create something similar. Instead of grilling my chicken, I chop it into bite size pieces and sauté it with blackening seasoning. You can also bake or grill the chicken. I added this chicken on top of a large mound of Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Next, I added some caramelized onions and a dash of Worcestershire Sauce. I hope your family enjoys this combination as much as my family does.
Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes - The touch of maple syrup is perfect in these mashed sweet potatoes.
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add the potatoes to a large Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Next, drain well. Return the potatoes to the dutch oven and add the butter, maple syrup, brown sugar,cinnamon and salt.
- Mash with a hand potato masher or an electric mixer on low-speed until creamy.
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breast, Cut into bite size pieces.
- Blackening Seasonings, about 1/2 teaspoon for each chicken breast
- Cut up 4 chicken breast into bite size pieces.
- Sprinkle them with blackening seasonings and toss to coat all sides.
- Saute them in a hot skillet with 3 TB of vegetable oil.
- When the chicken is done, remove from the skillet and sauté the onions.
- Sprinkle the chicken breast well with blackening seasoning and
- Bake the chicken at 350 degrees about 30 minutes or until chicken reaches 170 degrees.
- Recipes feeds 7 to 8 people
- Heat 1 TB butter and 1 TB olive oil
- add 2 onions, sliced thin.
- 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1/2 tsp sugar
- Cook the onion on medium heat until nice and brown. This will take about 20 minutes.
Place the blackened chicken on top of the mashed sweet potatoes. Top with the onions and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce.
I am a Southern Food & Travel blogger. I blog about RECIPES, RESTAURANT REVIEWS, FAITH, FAMILY, TRAVEL EXPERIENCES & GIVEAWAYS. I grew up in Alabama but currently live in ARKANSAS. I have lived in 6 Southern States. I have 5 children including 2 adoptive children and a son who has Cerebral Palsy. I am a Christian & Pray you will be encouraged when visiting my blog.
Blessings Always and Come Again!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS TO BE TAKEN FROM THIS SITE WITHOUT THE WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM ME.