This Crock-Pot Tex-Mex Chicken is so easy and delicious, but the best thing about this chicken is the endless possibilities for using it. I use this Mexican shredded Chicken for tacos, a taco salad, enchiladas, tortilla soup, quesadillas, burritos, a taco ring, nachos, and more. We enjoyed nachos this week using this chicken. I will be adding my nachos recipe soon. Crock-Pot Tex Mex chicken works great on a buffet where everyone can build their own favorite tacos, burritos, or a taco salad. By cooking this chicken slowly in the crock-pot, it will just fall apart, which is perfect for all these Mexican dishes. When making this chicken, you could also double the recipe. After shredding the extra chicken, store it in a zip-lock freezer bag and keep in your freezer to have ready for a quick meal. When the chicken is finished in the crock pot, it is so easy to prepare tacos, nachos, and more QUICKLY. You could have dinner ready in a snap. This chicken is quick to prepare in advance and has saved me many times when I had no time to prepare a meal.
One of my favorite Bible verses talks about being quick to listen. If we are quick to do anything, we need to practice being a quick listener. Over the years it has helped me so much to remember this Bible verse when I am wanting to be quick to give a solution. When we are quick to listen, it shows others that we really do care about them. It also helps us to be able to understand the entire picture of what is really happening. Jesus was all about caring for others and He was very quick to listen. I recall the story in the Bible where everyone was accusing a women of some really bad things. Jesus patiently listened without saying a word. Then, without speaking He began to write in the sand. You can read more at John 8:3-11. Our challenge everyday is to be quick listeners.
James 1:19 “You must understand this, my dear brothers. Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.”
Crock-Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken:
- 4 to 5 Chicken Breasts
- Wash the chicken and generously season the chicken breast on both sides with your favorite Mexican seasoning. You can use a prepared Taco seasoning or Fajita seasoning mix. I like to make my own Tex-Mex seasoning using the following recipe.
Tex-Mex Seasoning Recipe:
- Combine the following ingredients. 2 Tablespoons equal 1 pack of seasoning.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix together the seasoning and season each chicken breast very well.
- Place the seasoned chicken breast in the bottom of a crock-pot.
- Add 1 large chopped onion, 1/3 cup chicken broth, and the juice of 1 lime.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until it is completely falling apart. It should shred easily using a couple of forks. You may want to add some of the liquid from the crock-pot back into the chicken.
I pray each of my Posts will bring Glory to God. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and subscribe on the homepage for e-mail updates of new posts.