These Chunky Chewy Oatmeal Toffee Cookies are from New York Times Bestselling Author Susan Mallery. Her cookbook is Fool’s Gold Cookbook. Fool’s Gold is a fictional town in Susan’s bestselling books. Her characters find joy, comfort, and good times through food. Now, you can experience over 150 recipes plus gorgeous pictures of Susan’s food in her Fool’s Gold Cookbook. Susan’s cookbook is full of wonderful recipes for every season. In fact, the cookbook is divided into categories by season. These categories make it super easy to pick a new recipe perfect for whatever season it is.
What do I think about Susan’s Fool’s Gold Cookbook? I truly enjoyed this cookbook. It is full of recipes that I want to try. Because it is so close to Christmas, I chose Susan’s Chunky Chewy Oatmeal Toffee Cookies to bake. We love to bake cookies at Christmas time and these cookies did NOT disappoint me. I am not kidding when I say these cookies are fantastic. My family, including myself, almost ate all the dough before we could put a second batch in the oven. We love the oats with the toffee and pecans. It is a terrific combination! I made several batches to put in the freezer. I used an ice cream scoop and scooped the cookie dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. After freezing the cookies on the baking sheet for a couple of hours, I put them in a large freezer bag. Anytime we want these delicious cookies, I just take some out of the freezer and bake them. This is a great trick for the holidays. You will always be ready to serve fresh cookies.
After reading all of Susan’s recipes in this cookbook, I found the ingredients are easy to find and the instructions are easy to follow. The pictures in this cookbook are truly beautiful. They will make you want to cook, bake, or just lick the pictures. The pictures are that mouth-watering.
Use the Rafflecopter below and enter for a chance to win Susan Mallery’s Fool’s Gold Cookbook. Giveaway Ends 12/18/13.
The easiest way to enter is to leave me a blog comment and hit enter under blog comment in the Rafflecopter. For a better chance of winning, visit daily and tweet about this giveaway from Rafflecopter. Follow and or post to Susan Mallery’s and Recipes for Daily Bread’s Pinterest page, Twitter, and Facebook page.
This contest is open to U.S. residents beginning December 4, 2013 and ends December 18, 2013 . The winner will be notified by e-mail. They will have 48 hours to reply.
Susan Mallery gave me this Cookbook to give away, however, the opinions I am expressing are truly 100% my own.
Chunky Chewy Oatmeal Toffee Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/4 cups rolled oats (traditional or old fashioned oats) not quick-cooking
- 1 cup chopped chocolate-covered toffee bars (such as Heath bars)
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high-speed, cream the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients; just until blended.
- Fold in oats, toffee bars, and walnuts OR pecans.
- Chill the dough for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Drop cookies in large spoonfuls onto the baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are golden but still wet looking in the middle.
- Cool on a wire rack.
This post was written by me, Diane Roark. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and subscribe on the homepage for e-mail updates of new posts. If you enjoyed this post, I would be grateful if you add it to social media.
It is OK to use one of my photos but Please LINK BACK.