Old Fashion Snickerdoodles are easy to make and really good. These cookies are great all by themselves, but I decided to stuff these Snickerdoodles with a Dove White Chocolate. The white chocolate really kicked these simple old-fashioned cookies up. To stuff these cookies, I simply wrapped one tablespoon of cookie dough around a Dove White Chocolate. I used my one tablespoon ice cream scoop to get an equal amount of dough for each cookie. You can also roll them by hand into the size of a walnut. Because these cookies are easy and delicious, they are a great cookie recipe to pass down from generation to generation. They are a simple cookie to bake with your kids or grandkids. These cookies are soft, crunchy and have a delicious surprise in the middle.
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cup & 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 24 Dove White Chocolate
- 3 tablespoons sugar mixed with 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add the egg and beat until creamy.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cream of tarter, and flour.
- Mix until blended.
- Shape the dough into small 1 tablespoons size balls or 1 inch balls. I use a 1 tablespoon size ice cream scoop.
- Wrap the cookie dough around a piece of Dove White Chocolate.
- Add the cinnamon and sugar in a separate small bowl.
- Roll the cookie dough ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes and remove from baking sheet. These cookies firm up as they cool.
- Makes 24 - 1 tablespoon size cookies.
This post was written by me, Diane Roark. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and subscribe on the homepage for e-mail updates of new posts. If you enjoyed this post, I would be grateful if you add it to social media.
It is OK to use one of my photos but Please LINK BACK.