Every Sunday, I add a review of what has happened on Recipes for our Daily Bread. Each picture will take you to a post I added this past week.
WHAT AM I WORKING ON FOR THIS COMING WEEK? During the week of Christmas, I will be adding some of my favorite posts from my archive.
- THE CRIPPLED LAMB - Christmas Eve traditions at the Roark house include everyone reading their favorite Christmas book. I have read the same book for 17 years. The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado is a wonderful book that talks about how God has a plan for everyone including a Crippled Lamb who happened to be in the barn the night Jesus was born. This story hits home so hard I can never read the entire story without crying. One of my 17 year old twins was born with Cerebral Palsy. He has had 17 brain surgeries and seizures. He is our Crippled Lamb. This is the sweetest story!!
- HOW TO RETELL JESUS BIRTH USING CANDLES - Another Christmas Eve tradition includes Retelling the Birth of Jesus using Candles. We all get a piece of the nativity scene and a candle. As the person is mentioned in the Bible, a candle is lit. I will add this post again soon, so you can learn How To Retell Jesus Birth Using Candles. This is a fun way to learn about Jesus.
- CONGRATULATIONS to Jan H.! Jan won the Gooseberry Hometown Christmas Cookbook – Giveaway that Ended 12/13/13. Jan is from Blackwell, TX. Jan and her husband live on a small reservoir in Texas. She enjoys cooking and reading.
- CONGRATULATIONS to Debbie R. from Port Orange, Florida. Debbie won Susan Mallery’s Cookbook Giveaway which ended 12/18/13. She is a disabled nurse and an avid reader. She loves wind-chimes, birds, dogs and cats, and quilts.
- Sweet Debbie’s Organic Treats-Ends 12/30/13 – If you have food allergies or know someone who does, stop by and enter for a chance to win this cookbook.
SATURDAY DISHES BLOG LINK UP
Saturday Dishes is currently hosted by Paula at Call Me PMC and Linda at the Tumbleweed Contessa. Starting in January, Coffee with Us 3 will be hosting and myself, Recipes for our Daily Bread will be co-hosting the party! If you are a blogger, we would love to have you participate in Saturday Dishes where we will have a different theme every week. For more information, see the picture below.
I am planning for next year 2014 and would love to hear what kind of recipes you would like to see on Recipes for our Daily Bread. Crock-Pot recipes? Healthier recipes? Kid Friendly recipes? Easy Recipes? Pressure Cooker recipes? Casseroles? Skillet Dishes? Sandwiches? Or do you have another idea?
Please leave me a comment and let me know.
I am a Southern Food & Travel blogger. I blog about RECIPES, RESTAURANT REVIEWS, FAITH, FAMILY, TRAVEL EXPERIENCES & GIVEAWAYS. I grew up in Alabama but currently live in ARKANSAS. I have lived in 6 Southern States. I have 5 children including 2 adoptive children and a son who has Cerebral Palsy. I am a Christian & Pray you will be encouraged when visiting my blog.
Blessings Always and Come Again!!