I have several quick & easy recipes using my Crock-Pot Tex-Mex Chicken and here is another one. This Tex-Mex Casserole is easy to toss together if you are in a hurry and it is a great last minute recipe idea. I make a crock-pot full of my Tex-Mex Chicken a lot of weeks. It makes quick & easy nachos, tacos, enchiladas, tortilla soup, quesadillas, burritos, a taco ring, taco salad, and this Tex-Mex Casserole.
This casserole is made using two cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Who does not love Pillsbury Crescent Rolls? You can also use Pillsbury Crescent Roll SHEETS. I have several recipes where I use crescent rolls, and it is always a hit. In fact, my family (teens) enjoy them so much we could have easily made the commercial Pillsbury has were the boys are fighting over them. We often have this problem in my home. I have found if I wrap up a meal in crescent rolls, my family thinks I am the best cook in the world.
If you want your family to think you are the best cook in the world, try this recipe. I tried to find a similar recipe on Pillsbury, but this was the closest I found. It is made with ground beef.
Click on the picture for other Tex-Mex recipes.
TEX-MEX CASSEROLE INGREDIENTS
Tex-Mex Casserole using Crock-pot Chicken
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls - 8 Dinner Rolls OR 2 cans of Pillsbury Crescent Sheets
- 3 cups of Crock-Pot Tex-Mex Chicken - You could also bake 3 large or 4 medium chicken breast seasoned with a Mexican seasoning and then cut into bite size pieces.
- 1 can whole kernnel corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or a Mexican blend cheese
- 1 tablespoons of Mexican seasoning - I use Chef Paul Prudhommes's Magic Seasoning Blends
- Fajita Magic. My Walmart carries it.
- Add a can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls to the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with a cooking spray.
- I add three cups of shredded Crock-Pot Tex-Mex chicken.
- Add the drained corn and the black beans.
- Season well with a Mexican seasoning. A taco seasoning will work too.
- Top this with 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Add the second can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls to the top of this casserole.
The total time is based on already having the Tex-Mex chicken cooked. Use your slow cooker to prepare the chicken.2.2http://recipesforourdailybread.com/2014/01/07/tex-mex-casserole-using-crock-pot-chicken/
This post was written by me, Diane Roark. I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and subscribe on the homepage for e-mail updates of new posts. If you enjoyed this post, I would be grateful if you add it to Pinterest.
It is OK to use one of my photos but Please LINK BACK.