Are you ready for Fall and Apples? I love this Apple & Bacon Grilled Cheese. It is one of the best sandwiches I have ever had. The sauce is perfect.
He said, “this is the best GIRLY food you have ever made.”
My oldest son, Casey, always begs me to fix him some bacon. One of my favorite sandwiches is my Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese. So, I wanted to try this sandwich with bacon instead of the ham to surprise Casey. He loved it. My bacon eating son has always been super active in many sports. Casey can afford to eat some bacon every once in a while. He gave me the greatest compliment after eating both the Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese and this Apple & Bacon Grilled Cheese. He said, “this is the best GIRLY food you have ever made.” Coming from my meat and potatoes man, this was a huge compliment.
SWEET & SPICY MUSTARD
As for me, I honestly love both of these sandwiches. I used peppered bacon on this Apple & Bacon Grilled Cheese, which went well with the sweetness of the apples and sweet, spicy honey mustard. I used an Apple Butter in the Hot Ham & Apple Sandwich, which was wonderful, but I did not have any more apple butter. Instead, I decided to make my oldest daughter’s creation. Her creation is a spicy sweet honey mustard which was an amazing combination with the sweet apples and salty bacon.
I have a recipe for Crock-pot . Using a is the easiest way to prepare apple butter. You can grill this sandwich in a pan on the stove. I had several Apple & Bacon Grilled Cheese sandwiches to prepare, so I decided to bake them in the oven. The apple was cooked perfectly, and the cheese was ooey-gooey.
The first time I tried to fix bacon in the oven I was afraid grease would spatter and catch the oven on fire. I have since prepared bacon many, many, many times in the oven and have always had a great experience. I am convinced the oven is the best and easiest way to prepare bacon which is why commercial kitchens prepare bacon in the oven. It is the easiest way to cook bacon.
5 APPLES RECIPES YOU MUST TRY
Join 5,000 people who receive our newsletter and receive these recipes FREE.
- Two pieces of bacon per sandwich, cooked
- Two pieces cheddar cheese, per sandwich
- One apple, cored and sliced
- Two slices of bread
- 2 Tablespoons sweet, spicy honey mustard (see recipe on blog)
- Spread the sweet, spicy honey mustard on one side of both pieces of the bread. SEE blog for the recipe.
- Add a piece of cheese on top of the spicy honey mustard
- Top the cheese with 2 to 4 slices of apple
- Add two pieces of cooked bacon on top of the apple slices.
- Place a piece of cheese on top of the bacon.
- Add the second piece of bread on top of the apples, bacon, and cheese.
- Butter the bread and place it in a medium-hot skillet until golden brown.
- Butter the top side and flip the sandwich over.
- Remove from the skillet when golden brown.
50 EASY RECIPES YOU MUST TRY
Join 5000 email followers and download these recipes FREE.