My family loves banana pudding. I have written Betty Crocker website and Duncan Hines website looking for the Banana Pudding Poke Cake recipe I have seen on Pinterest.. So, I went to the
I decided to kick up this recipe a bit and add some toffee. During Christmas, I fix Pralines that go well-crumbled up on top of banana pudding. I did not have any Pralines, so I decided to try toffee. I found out that toffee also goes well with banana pudding. This Banana Pudding Toffee Poke Cake vanished.
The recipes for all poke cakes are pretty much the same. You cook the cake mix as normal. Make the pudding. Poke holes in the cake and add the pudding. It is really easy, but soooo delicious. If you enjoy banana pudding, you have to try this easy Banana Pudding Poke Cake recipe. You may have also seen it on Pinterest, but like me just never made it. Sometimes, it is the simplest things in life that can bring us the most joy. This is true with this easy cake. It was so easy and delicious that I cannot wait to make some of the other Poke Cake recipes I found.
If the pudding sets to long in the bowl and thickens, it will not run in the holes very well. If this happens, add a tablespoon or two of milk so the pudding will run off the spoon easily. Add the Cool Whip, then the Heath candy, and last the Vanilla Wafers. The Health candy will keep the Vanilla Wafers from softening up.
- 1 box yellow cake mix - I had Better Crocker on hand. Mix the cake mix according to the directions on the box. Cake mix, 1 cup water, ½ cup vegetable oil, and 3 eggs. Bake 350 degrees in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- 2 boxes 3.4 ounces of instant pudding - I used banana flavored instant pudding mix. You could also use vanilla pudding.
- Mix the pudding with 4 cups of milk. Refrigerate for about 5 minutes only.
- 8 ounce tub of whipped topping, thawed
- 8 ounce bag of Health English Toffee pieces
- ½ box of vanilla wafers, crushed
- Once the cake has COOLED, poke holes about ½ inch apart all over the cake. Use the back of a wooden spoon. My wooden spoons looked so bad and I was afraid they were not sanitary. I tossed them in the trash last year. I was kicking myself. I really needed a wooded spoon to poke these holes. The holes need to be big enough to allow the pudding to seep down into the cake.
- After the holes have been poked, add the pudding to the top of the cake. If you refrigerate the pudding too long it will not seep down into the cake.
- Refrigerate the cake with the pudding on top until firm.
- Add the tub of whipped topping to the top of the pudding.
- Add 8 ounce bag of Health English bits.
- Next, add all the crushed Vanilla Wafers to the top of the whipped topping and toffee. The Vanilla Wafers keep better if you add them on top of the Heath candy.
- Make sure you add sliced bananas on top of each piece of cake when serving it.
- Keep refrigerated.