Do you love Grilled Cheese Sandwiches? Do you like BBQ Sauce? If so, you will fall in love with this BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese with Bacon.
I am not much for cold sandwiches except my Chicken Salad with Apples and Grapes, and my kicked up Egg Salad Sandwiches. The warm ooey-gooey sandwich that has cheese stringing down your chin when you take a big bite is my kind of sandwich. Grilled cheese is hot and gooey and makes me happy. In this BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese, I combined my love for grilled cheese with my love for bbq chicken.
Want To Download 15 Cookie Recipes?
Join 4,800 people who receive our newsletter.
I dream about my husbands grilled BBQ Chicken. It is amazing and a must for any summer grilling but when I cannot have his chicken this fantastic BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese is my first choice for any meal. It is loaded with melted stringy cheese, BBQ Sauce, Bacon, and Chicken. I could seriously eat this sandwich daily, and it would take years to get tired it. You have to give this kicked up grilled cheese a try soon. You will need to grab a napkin to wipe the deliciousness off your chin.
How do I prepare BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese?
Butterfly Your Chicken For This BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese
After seasoning and cooking chicken breast in the oven, I slice the chicken in half like you would if you were butterflying it. See Video. I prepared my Oven Fried Bacon at the same time I cooked the chicken. To put this sandwich together, I added my favorite bbq sauce, chicken, bacon, sweet onion (optional), and lots of cheese.
BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese Secret
Add a layer of Mayonaise to the outside of the bread. The bread will turn golden brown every time. I picked up this trick from watching Chef Wolfgang Puck grilling a panini.
- 2 pieces French Bread
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and butterfly chicken but cut it completely through.
- Purple onion, one thin slice
- 3 slices Colby or Cheddar Cheese
- BBQ sauce, about 1 - 2 tablespoon per slice of bread
- Mayo the outside of a piece of bread and place it on a flat grill
- Add BBQ sauce to the top side of the bread
- A Slice of cheese
- And, a slice of chicken that has been butterflied all the way through on top of the bread
- Layer a couple of pieces of bacon
- Add a slice of purple or sweet onion (optional)
- Next, add two slices of cheese on top of the bacon
- Spread BBQ sauce on the second piece of bread and place it on top of the bacon and chicken
- Add a layer of mayonnaise to the outside of the bread
- Grill until golden brown and gooey
If you are looking for additional grilled cheese sandwiches, check out these recipes.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,800 people who follow our newsletter.