This BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe couldn’t be easier. It’s savory, sweet, tangy and perfect for a quick back to school weekday meal.
What ingredients will you need to make this BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe?
Whip up this bbq chicken pizza in no time using a store bought pizza crust. I layer barbeque sauce, chopped chicken seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic, thin slices of purple onions, and lots of Mozzarella cheese. It is that easy to make, but yet it tastes terrific.
- You can whip up this pizza faster if you have your chicken cooked and chopped ahead of time. After purchasing a package of family size chicken breast, go ahead and bake all of it. Season it well with salt, pepper, and garlic. Allow the cooked chicken to completely cool. Next, chop the chicken into bite-size pieces and store it in a freezer bag. Cooking the chicken ahead of time saves a lot of time when preparing meals.
- If you have leftover chicken, remove the skin and fat and use it in this pizza. When using leftover chicken, season it with the salt, pepper, and garlic just like you would do when baking raw chicken breast for this recipe.
Crazy Busy Lives When School Starts Back
Over the years, I have had kids in homeschool, public school, and private school. Each year, we reevaluated all five of our children school situation and determined what was best for each child. This meant that some years I had kids in public school, in private school, and homeschooled all in the same year. Those years were incredibly crazy with P.T.A’s, open houses, sports, and so much more. Thankfully, I only have one child left in high school. She is in the 10th grade and homeschooled this year. During those difficult years, I learned how to put dinner on the table quickly. Since pizza has always been a family favorite, we had different kinds of homemade pizza often.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe Family Favorite
This bbq chicken pizza recipe is one of our family favorites. I have several ways of making this pizza. I have a slow cooker bbq chicken pizza and a cast iron skillet bbq chicken pizza. If I am in a hurry, I make bbq chicken pizza on a store bought pizza crust like the one in the picture below.
- One store-bought pizza crust, Boboli Original Pizza Crust
- ⅔ cup barbecue sauce, divided into two ⅓ cups
- Two boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ of small purple onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- add, ¾ teaspoon salt
- and, ¾ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Add ⅓ cup barbecue sauce on the top of the store-bought pizza dough.
- Chop the chicken and add it to the top of the bbq sauce.
- Add a layer of skinny slices of purple onion.
- Drizzle the remaining ⅓ cup of barbecue sauce on top of the chicken and onions.
- Top this with 2 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cheese should be completely melted but not brown.
Other Pizza Recipes You May Enjoy
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,800 people who follow our newsletter.