This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
While visiting Branson, MO, we always have to eat at reasons . One of the main is their amazing BBQ Quesadillas. They are filled with pulled pork, bbq, cheese and more. This is my version.
My kids truly enjoy and devour their BBQ Quesadilla. After discovering the Quesadilla at Danna’s a couple of years ago, I knew I had to try making them at home. If you have leftover BBQ pulled pork this summer, you must try this Quesadilla. It is not Danna’s recipe but my homemade version which is quick and delicious.
The BBQ Quesadillas at Danna’s are served with sour cream and salsa. I know it sounds strange. I am a southerner and was apprehensive about mixing Mexican ingredients with my BBQ. All I can say is try it. My kids love their quesadillas with sour cream. The next time you have leftover Pulled Pork and your family is getting a little tired of it, try this recipe and please let me know what you think about it.
My husband has a smoker and smokes Boston Butts for pulled pork, BUT I also make incredibly easy and tasty Pulled Pork in my Crock-Pot.
[bctt tweet=”Quick, easy, delicious, #BBQ #quesadilla #quesadilla #barbeque”]
If you need other ideas for leftover BBQ Pulled Pork, try baking a potato and stuffing the potato with pulled pork. Then top it with BBQ sauce and cheese. You may want to view my BBQ Pulled Pork Baked Potato post.
- Two flour tortillas
- BBQ baked beans (leftovers or canned)
- Pulled pork
- Shredded Cheese - Cheddar or a Mexican Blend. Use about ¼ to ½ cup per BBQ quesadilla.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, or bbq sauce
- Sprinkle a small amount of cheese on the bottom of a flour tortilla. This helps the tortilla stick together when flipping it.
- Next, add a thin layer of baked beans to cover the bottom of a flour tortilla.
- Add a thin layer of shredded pulled pork on top of the baked beans.
- Top the baked beans and the pulled pork with the rest of cheese.
- Top the quesadilla with the second tortilla.
- Melt a couple of tablespoons of butter in a frying pan on medium high heat.
- After the butter completely melts, add the BBQ quesadilla.
- Heat until the cheese melts and the tortilla turns a golden brown.
- Flip the quesadilla and cook the other side.