We always enjoy these fantastic Apple Fritters every time we are on vacation in Gatlinburg, TN at The Apple Barn Restaurant.
AMAZING APPLE FRITTERS PERFECT FOR FALL
You know without any questions, I just had to have the recipe for these Apple Fritters. They sell it in their gift shop located next to The Apple Barn Restaurant. I in no way got compensated for this post nor will I get any compensation from their cookbook sales.
This summer I used this recipe to make Peach Fritters which turned out delicious. Since it is fall, I could not wait to make the Apple Fritters which also turned out excellent. If you use this recipe for Peach or Apple Fritters, you will not be disappointed. I adapted the original recipe by adding some cinnamon, nutmeg and an extra cup of chopped apples.
5 APPLES RECIPES YOU MUST TRY THIS FALL
Join 4,800 people who receive our newsletter.
Apple Fritters Recipe – Adapted from The Apple Barn Cookbook. I added one teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg to their recipe and an extra cup of chopped apples.
- 1 cup milk
- One egg - beaten
- Four tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 2 cups cake flour
- Two teaspoons baking powder
- One teaspoon vanilla
- One teaspoon cinnamon
- One/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large bowl, Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, Whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Mix just until everything is moist.
- Add enough oil to cover at least half of the fritters.
- Drop the fritters into 350-degree oil using a large ice cream scoop. (I use vegetable oil.)
- Brown on all sides about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- After removing them from the hot oil, immediately Sprinkle the fritters with powdered sugar.
FRESH APPLE CAKE
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,800 people who follow our newsletter.