We always enjoy these fantastic Apple Fritters every time we are on vacation in Gatlinburg, TN at The Apple Barn Restaurant.
AMAZING APPLE FRITTERS PERFECT FOR FALL
This summer I used this recipe to make Peach Fritters which turned out delicious. Since it is fall, I could not wait to make the Apple Fritters which also turned out excellent. If you use this recipe for Peach or Apple Fritters, you will not be disappointed. I adapted the original recipe by adding some cinnamon, nutmeg and an extra cup of chopped apples.
5 APPLES RECIPES YOU MUST TRY THIS FALL
Join 5,000 people who receive our newsletter.
Apple Fritters Recipe – Adapted from The Apple Barn Cookbook. I added one teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg to their recipe and an extra cup of chopped apples.Print
- 1 cup milk
- One egg – beaten
- Four tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 2 cups cake flour
- Two teaspoons baking powder
- One teaspoon vanilla
- One teaspoon cinnamon
- One/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large bowl, Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, Whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Mix just until everything is moist.
- Add enough oil to cover at least half of the fritters.
- Drop the fritters into 350-degree oil using a large ice cream scoop. (I use vegetable oil.)
- Brown on all sides about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- After removing them from the hot oil, immediately Sprinkle the fritters with powdered sugar.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 5,000 people who follow our newsletter.