Do you enjoy sweet and salty food? You will love these Sweet Potato Bacon Sausage Muffins. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or a snack.
I added manly meat, bacon & sausage, as my son Casey would say to my sweet potato muffin to my sweet potato muffins. As you know from some of my other posts, that Casey is my meat and potatoes teenager. He will eat other foods, but he is not happy if I do not have at least one meat and some potatoes prepared. These muffins are packed with savory chunks of meat. They passed the Casey test. Next, I think I am going to put some meat in my “girly scones” as he would say.
(KJV) Gen. 27:4 “And make me savory meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.” If you have a picky meat and potatoes eater who believes muffins are for girls, try these extremely moist, savory, sweet muffins for breakfast and see what they think.
I was excited to find out that when I entered these muffins to be in a Taste of Home cookbook, they chose them. My Sausage and Sweet Potato Muffins were published on When preparing the muffins to post, I added another of Casey’s favorite thing which is bacon. The combination of sausage and bacon with the sweet potato is so good that Casey ate 4 of them for breakfast.
Sweet Potato Bacon Muffins
Author: Diane @Recipesforourdailybread
Recipe type: breakfast
- 1 pound (combination sausage and bacon)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (you can also use pumpkin)
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp all-spice
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, allspice, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, maple syrup, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Mix until it is just combined.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Makes 12 regular muffins or 6 Jumbo muffins.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,750 people who follow our newsletter.