Have you ever tried yellow rice in your Broccoli Rice Cheese Casserole? It makes the best Broccoli Rice Cheese Casserole I have ever had.
One day I substituted Yellow Rice for the white rice in my Broccoli Rice & Cheese Casserole. I was hoping the yellow rice would add a lot more flavor to my Broccoli Rice Cheese Casserole, and it did. It was incredibly flavorful and the best broccoli rice casserole I have ever had. We will never eat a Broccoli Casserole with plain rice again. If your children do not like broccoli, they will probably eat this broccoli recipe. You cannot taste the broccoli. The saffron in the yellow rice makes this casserole very flavorful.
An excellent way to get your children to eat more veggies is to have them help prepare them. Find a way to involve them in this recipe. My kids enjoy grating the cheese, chopping the vegetable or measuring the milk. I hope you will give the yellow rice a try in Broccoli Casserole.
- 1 (10 ounces) package yellow rice (cooked according to the package)
- 2 (10 oz.) pack frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
- One can cream of mushroom soup
- One can cream of chicken soup
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon each garlic, salt, and pepper
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups French's onion rings
- Cook yellow rice according to directions on package.
- In a large bowl mix broccoli, rice, soups, milk, cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Bake in a greased 9x13 casserole dish at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- You can freeze this dish before baking. If you freeze it, let it thaw and add the toppings just before baking.