Chess pies are sweet and creamy. If you have not tried a chess pie, they are super easy to make and delicious.
Chess pie is a and the egg custard pie. It is smooth, creamy and a sweet treat. You can easily change this pie up by adding 2 TB of fresh lemon juice. It becomes a delicious Lemon Chess Pie. Try adding 1/4 cup of Cocoa Powder with the dry ingredients to create a Chocolate Chess Pie (do not add the lemon juice with the chocolate).
If you feel like God has moved so far away from you, it is not God who has moved. Take time to spend talking to God even during this busy time of the year. He is close by and wants to hear from you. He can also handle all that you bring to him. So, get a piece of this delicious chess pie, a cup of coffee and a quiet place and give God what is in your heart. James 4:8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.
Chess Pie-Southern Favorite
Author: DIANE @RECIPESFOROURDAILYBREAD
Recipe type: DESSERT
- •1 - ¾ cups sugar
- •1 TB all-purpose flour
- •2 TB yellow cornmeal
- •1/4 teaspoon salt
- •4 eggs, beaten
- •1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- •1/2 cup buttermilk
- •1 TB vanilla
- •1 unbaked pie crust - Prepare the bottom of the pie crust by rubbing 1 TB softened butter on the bottom. Next, sprinkle 1 TB of sugar on top of the butter.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine the sugar, flour, cornmeal, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients which include the melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla, and four beaten eggs. Pour the mixture into the pie crust
- Sprinkle with nutmeg or all-spice.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the filling is set.