My goal with this post is to give you other ideas for taking this popular, creamy, Chocolate Layered Dessert and dressing it up for a special Valentine’s presentation.
This chocolate layered dessert includes four easy layers to make a beautiful presentation.
Layer 1 – Make brownies according to the directions on the box. Allow them to cool. Cut them into inch size pieces or use a biscuit cutter or cookie cutter to cut the brownie to fit the dish.
Layer 2 – Creamy sweet cream cheese mixture.
Third Layer – Instant chocolate pudding.
Fourth Layer – Homemade Whipped Topping or Cool Whip.
I layered this Chocolate Layered Dessert in several pretty glasses to show you what a difference a glass can make a presentation. Before presenting this to your Valentine, add a homemade chocolate heart for that extra special thing to say “I Love You.” The best way to melt chocolate for decorations is to use a double boiler, but you can melt some chocolate in the microwave. Use a piping bag (or ziplock) and draw a heart on a piece of parchment paper or just free hand it Fill the heart in with additional chocolate. Place it into the refrigerator to dry for 3 to 4 minutes. It will also dry on the counter in just a few additional minutes.
For this Chocolate Layered Dessert, most people use a base (1st layer) made of 2 cups flour, 1 cup chopped pecans, and 1 – 1/2 sticks melted butter. I used this cookie base for the base of this chocolate dessert for a dessert contest over 20 years ago. Trust me when I tell you to measure the butter accurately. I did not measure the butter and ended up with a very hard crust. When the judges were cutting the dessert, I felt like they were sawing the crust. Anyway, I have no idea how, but I won the dessert contest. My tip from experience is that when you are baking make sure that you measure all the ingredients.
To layer this Chocolate Layered Dessert in glasses, I could not use the cookie crust recipe for the base. I made some brownies instead. Next, I made the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Cool Whip layer and then mixed the chocolate pudding according to the package. After making the different layers, all I had to do was assemble the dessert by layering it into some special glasses.
Chocolate Layered Dessert
Author: Diane @Recipesforourdailybread.com
- FIRST LAYER - Make brownies according to the directions on the box. Allow them to cool. Cut them into inch size pieces or use a biscuit cutter or cookie cutter to cut the brownie to fit the dish.
- SECOND LAYER - Cream Cheese Mixture
- 2 - 8-ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Use an electric mixer and blend the cream cheese, sugar, and Cool Whip until smooth.
- THIRD LAYER - Chocolate Pudding
- 1-14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk NOT evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1-3 ounce pack of Chocolate pudding
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and the cold water. Whisk in the pudding until well blended. Refrigerate until it firms up.
- FOURTH LAYER - Cool Whip OR Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream (it has more fat and whips better)
- ¼ cup sugar
- Make sure that everything is very cold before whipping the heavy cream including the heavy cream, bowl, and the beaters. Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Once the soft peaks form you can add the sugar. If you whip heavy cream to long, it will turn into butter so, what it carefully.
- Continue layering the dessert until you reach the top of the glass. Add a chocolate heart and some crumbled brownies or chocolate shavings to make it even more special.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,800 people who follow our newsletter.