This Cobb Salad includes blackened chicken, bacon, smoked ham, avocado, boiled eggs, blue cheese, tomatoes, and topped with homemade Cayenne Ranch dressing. It is truly the Best Cobb Salad.
Do you enjoy a Cobb Salad? This Cobb salad is kicked up with blackened chicken and a delicious Cayenne Ranch dressing. This dressing nor the chicken is spicy, but it adds tons of flavor to a basic salad. My husband loves , and I was noticing he has been ordering them a lot lately when we eat out. After a few bites of one of his salads, I did not see why he liked Cobb salads so much. The Cobb salad tasted like I had always thought, boring. I told my husband, Jerry, I was going to make him a Cobb Salad that would beat the taste of all the salads from his favorite restaurants. Jerry and my son, Casey, agreed that this Cobb salad was the best they had ever had which is why I called it the Best Cobb Salad.
What is your favorite salad? What is your favorite dressing? Please share the recipe.
- COBB SALAD RECIPE FOR 5 SERVINGS
- 7 ounce pack Romaine Lettuce, chopped and divided into 5 portions which about 1 cup each.
- 5 eggs, boiled - 1 per person
- Avocado, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped or cherry tomatoes
- ½ pound smoked ham, chopped - I used Petti Jean Smoked Ham, divided equally between 5 servings
- 2 - ½ large chicken breast (1/2 breast per person)
- 2 - ½ teaspoons blackening seasoning
- 1 pound bacon, cooked hard and crumbled, divided into 5 servings
- Five-ounce container of blue cheese
- CAYENNE RANCH DRESSING
- 1-ounce pack Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- plus, ¼ teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- and, ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Last, 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- PREPARE THE COBB SALAD:
- Season each chicken breast with 1 teaspoon of blackening each.
- Cook chicken 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven and chop into bite size pieces.
- Cook bacon until hard, see my oven fried bacon post. It is the easiest way to fry bacon.
- Chop ham into bite size pieces.
- Boil eggs and slice them.
- ASSEMBLE THE COBB SALAD
- Layered a cup of chopped Romaine lettuce in each plate.
- Add the ham, chicken, bacon, sliced boiled eggs, blue cheese, Avocado, and tomato.
- CAYENNE RANCH DRESSING
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Seal in an airtight container. I use a mason jar.
Luke 10:2 (NIV)
2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,750 people who follow our newsletter.