This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Thank you for stopping by Recipes for our Daily Bread to see this delicious Crockpot Chicken & Stuffing recipe.
This Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing includes all the smells and flavors of fall foods.
The tastes and aromas of fall baking fill my entire house with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, pumpkin spice, and apple pie spice. I also love the enticing aromas from poultry dishes, stuffings, dressings, cornbread, beans, soups, chili, and more. One of my favorite fall recipes which tastes great and smells amazing is this Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing. It is made using chicken stuffing, poultry seasoning, Swiss cheese and more. It is like Thanksgiving Dinner in one pot. The smell coming from my Crock Pot makes me do my “Happy Dance”. . In other words, it is my “I know I am going to have a good dinner with little effort dance”.
Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing
Recipe adapted from Simply Southern cookbook Columbia Academy in Columbia, Tennessee Oct. 1996. I adapted this recipe and prepared it in the crock-pot.
Crock-Pot Chicken & Stuffing
Author: Diane @Recipesforourdailybread
Recipe type: Entree
- 3 to 4 boneless chicken breast, (optional cut into bite size pieces)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10½ ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10½ ounce) condensed cream of celery soup (you can also use cream of mushroom soup).
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large boiled eggs
- 2½ cups Herb or Chicken Stuffing Mix (or a 6 ounce box) I use Stovetop Stuffing.
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning and place in the bottom of a crock-pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover the chicken with the slices of Swiss cheese.
- Mix together the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, and the milk and add it on top of the cheese.
- Slice the boiled eggs and add them to on top of the soup mixture.
- Sprinkle the dry Herb or Chicken Stuffing on top of the eggs and soup.
- Drizzle the melted butter on top of the dry Stuffing mixture.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.