Wake up to this Best Crock-Pot Meaty Breakfast. This meaty breakfast includes sausage bacon and ham.
What gives this Crock-Pot Meaty Breakfast lots of flavor is the Worcestershire Sauce and dry mustard. The bacon, sausage and ham also give it flavor too. I would definitely say this is a very hearty breakfast.
I love to make this slow cooker version because when you wake up your breakfast is completely ready. The other benefit is how wonderful the entire house smells first thing in the morning. You have to plan ahead and prepare the casserole the night before. Next, plan on what time you will be eating it the next morning. This breakfast casserole takes four hours on high to cook. You could also cook it on low for seven hours.
If you have never cooked with Country Ham, you will have a real treat. It is cured with salt and then smoked in a smokehouse. Country Hams are salty. You really do not need to add extra salt. Before refrigeration, salt was the perfect solution to preserve and season food. It reminds me of how the Bible tells us to season our words. I believe Colossians 4:6 is saying to let our words be seasoned with the Love of God. Let’s think about how we can let our words encourage our family and friends.
“Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.” Colossians 4:6 Lord, I pray that my words could always be seasoned with grace.
Crock-Pot Meat Lovers Breakfast Recipe – I used 4 quart crock-pot
- 4 cups of frozen hash browns cubed or shredded (about ½ of a 2 pound bag)
- ¾ pound of Country Ham, cooked and drained, diced into bite size pieces,(you can use other ham including a honey ham)
- 1 pound of Maple Sausage, Cooked and drained
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked hard and crumbled
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (one cup to layer on top)
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spray the slow cooker with a cooking spray.
- Layer the bacon, sausage, and ham.
- Beat together 12 eggs and 2 cups milk
- Add 1 TB Worcestershire Sauce, 1 cup cheddar cheese, dry mustard, and the black pepper.
- Pour over the country ham, sausage, bacon.
- With the back of the spoon, pat the meat down under the egg mixture.
- Layer 1 cup of cheese on top of the egg mixture.
- Cook on high 4½ hours. I normally have everything ready in the slow cooker and simply get up and place it in the crock pot base very early in the morning. That way when we get up it is ready.
- I know it will be early in the morning to turn the crock pot on, but it is so worth having breakfast ready to eat.