If you love fried chicken, I am thankful you stopped to check out this amazing fried chicken.
What is my favorite food ever? Fried Chicken! If you like Fried Chicken, you will love this crunchy, juicy, flavorful best Fried Chicken Recipe!
My Favorite Food, Fried Chicken
If fried chicken is on the menu, I am ordering it. I have found lots of restaurants who have excellent fried chicken, but honestly, I still love my fried chicken just as good. This chicken is marinated in buttermilk and a little hot sauce. It is juicy, very crispy, and has a beautiful, flavorful crust. I have been working on the combination of spices for my fried chicken for years. I love a tasty piece of chicken, and this fried chicken has the great flavor it is truly the best Fried Chicken Recipe!
My secrets to frying crispy, flavorful best Fried Chicken Recipe!
- Marinate the chicken overnight in buttermilk.
- Mix up an incredible combination of spices to add to the flour.
- ADD SOME BAKING POWDER!! Baking Powder is a magical ingredient.
- Save a couple of tablespoons of the spice mixture to add to the chicken after frying it.
- Flour the chicken and allow it to rest for 15 minutes in a large pan. Do not let it touch each other.
- After 15 minutes, dip the chicken back into the flour mixture.
- Once the chicken is done, season it well as soon as it comes out of the hot grease.
Drizzle Fried Chicken With Honey
My favorite way to eat fried chicken is with a little honey drizzled on it. The sweetness with the crunch and flavor of the chicken is truly the best food ever.
I have fried many a chicken in my cast iron dutch oven, but it is so much crispier, safer and easier to fry in this Butterball Electric Turkey Fryer. If you have a crowd to feed why not fry some chicken. Everyone will love it, and it cooks in minutes in this electric fryer.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,800 people who receive our newsletter.
How To Make The Best Ever Fried Chicken Recipe
I love this Butterball Electric Turkey Fryer and wanted to share my experience with you. When I am frying food, I am always concerned about the dangers it may cause. I was not afraid to fry this chicken in this Electric Butterball Fryer. This Butterball electric fryer was much safer than using a propane gas fryer or even my cast iron dutch oven.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- Eight pieces chicken
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 TB paprika
- Three teaspoons garlic powder
- One tsp onion powder
- Add, Three teaspoons celery salt
- Three teaspoons seasoned salt
- Add, Three teaspoons ground black pepper
- Three tsp oregano
- Three tsp thyme
- Plus, three teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- One tsp dry mustard
- One Tablespoon baking powder
- 1-quart buttermilk to marinate chicken
- ½ cup hot sauce (this chicken is NOT spicy)
- Enough Oil for frying depending on what you are using to fry the chicken in. You need enough oil to cover the chicken.
- Instructions for Cooking Best Fried Chicken
- The day before you are going to fry the chicken, in a couple of large ziplock bags (I use a clean kitchen garbage bag)
- Add the chicken, buttermilk, and hot sauce.
- Place the chicken in the refrigerator overnight.
- Mix the seasonings.
- Remove one tablespoon of seasoning and save it for later.
- Add the season into the flour. I mix it together with a whisk.
- Remove the chicken one piece at a time from the buttermilk.
- Flour each piece of chicken and leave it to rest on a large baking sheet.
- After 15 minutes, flour the chicken again.
- Allow the oil to heat to 375 degrees. The temperature will drop as soon as you add the chicken.
- Cook chicken about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken with tongs on to a large baking sheet that has been lined with paper towels.
- Season the chicken as soon as it comes out of the oven with the remaining tablespoon of seasoning mixture.
- Serve hot and with honey, if you want a real treat!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,800 people who follow our newsletter.