Whip up this easy, tasty dish with your leftover black-eyed peas. It is so delicious you will never know it is made with leftover black-eyed peas.
Be sure to continue to the next page for my delicious Southern Black Eyed Pea Recipe.
BEST LEFTOVER BLACK-EYED PEAS
This recipe was inspired by trying to think of a way to use some of the leftover black-eyed peas and rice. This is similar to how I make Rice and Eggs. I start with a southern favorite, bacon, add some rice in the pan, and then add the black-eyed peas. It is easy and delicious. This is one of those recipes that does not need a recipe. Just use equal amounts of rice and peas.
Serve this dish with melt in your mouth Southern Buttermilk Cornbread or Broccoli & Cheese Cornbread. What a great combination.
- 4 to 5 slices of bacon cooked hard, crumbled
- One small onion chopped fine
- 2 cups of rice, cooked according to directions
- 2 cups of black-eyed peas
- ¼ tsp Cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- In a large skillet cook bacon until it becomes hard enough to crumble.
- Remove from the pan, cool, and crumble it up. Do not remove the bacon grease from the pan. Caution: Keep the bacon under close watch to keep it from disappearing into eager stomachs until you are ready to add it back to the dish.
- Add the chopped onion to the bacon grease.
- Cook until the onions are tender.
- Add the rice, garlic seasoning, pepper, and Cajun seasonings.
- Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the black-eyed peas and bacon and cook until well heated.
Serve this dish with a little-grated cheese on top and enjoy.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,800 people who follow our newsletter.