Whip up this easy, tasty dish with your leftover black-eyed peas. It is so delicious you will never know it is made with leftover black-eyed peas.
- 4 to 5 slices of bacon cooked hard, crumbled
- One small onion chopped fine
- 2 cups of rice, cooked according to directions
- 2 cups of black-eyed peas
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Plus, 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- In a large skillet cook bacon until it becomes hard enough to crumble.
- Remove from the pan, cool, and crumble it up. Do not remove the bacon grease from the pan. Caution: Keep the bacon under close watch to keep it from disappearing into eager stomachs until you are ready to add it back to the dish.
- Add the chopped onion to the bacon grease.
- Cook until the onions are tender.
- Add the rice, garlic seasoning, pepper, and Cajun seasonings.
- Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the black-eyed peas and bacon and cook until well heated.