This Super Moist Cornbread Dressing is my favorite dressing. Thanksgiving is not complete without it.
What is in this moist cornbread dressing?
It includes cornbread, bread crumbs, celery, onion, soups, broth, eggs and poultry seasoning. The flavor is fantastic.
Cornbread Dressing has always been on our Thanksgiving table ever since I can remember. It is a tradition that I grew up with and now continue with my family. I make my cornbread dressing by crumbling up biscuits and cornbread. If you know you will be making this dressing; you can start saving your leftover biscuits by freezing them. You can also make the cornbread ahead of time and freeze it.
What is in this moist dressing?
It includes chicken or turkey stock with a can of soup. The stock and soup help keep the dressing from drying out. To season this moist cornbread dressing with lots of flavors, I add fresh celery, onion, and poultry seasoning. Because this cornbread dressing is so moist and flavorful, I love to eat it without any gravy. Although, when serving it, you will want to serve this dressing with turkey gravy. Turkey gravy is perfect on moist cornbread dressing and a Thanksgiving tradition that simply goes together.
When the Bible talks about holding to the traditions, it is talking about the tradition of passing down the Word of God. During this busy holiday season, pass down your family traditions and include the Word of God. A great place to pass down traditions is in the kitchen. You can talk to your family and friends talking about God and giving Him thanks for all that He has done for you
2 Thessalonians 2:14-15 To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter.
Cornbread Dressing Recipe: Recipe adapted from Simply Southern Cookbook from Columbia Academy School.
Want To Download 7 Delicious Side Dishes That Go With Everything?
Join 4,800 people who receive our newsletter.
- 6 cups cornbread crumbs (see post for Southern Buttermilk Cornbread)
- And 3 cups bread crumbs ( I use biscuits)
- Three egg, beaten
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- One can cream of chicken soup
- One can cream of celery soup
- 2 - ten-ounce can chicken broth
- Two tsp poultry seasoning
- One tsp pepper
- Melt 4 TB butter and saute onions and celery until tender.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Spread into greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- The original recipe said to bake this dressing 40 minutes, BUT it takes me closer to AN HOUR for it to set in the center.
- Allow plenty of time to cook it.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,800 people who follow our newsletter.