Pecan Pie is a Favorite Southern pie. These Best Pecan Pie Bars are like eating a handheld pecan pie. They are easy to make and easier to eat than a pecan pie. You can grab one and go.
PECAN PIE BARS
You can find pecan trees all over the south. Growing up in Alabama I had family members who owned a pecan orchard. I have lots of memories picking up pecans to earn extra money. I also remember shelling the pecans for hours to put in the freezer. Anyway, I loved pecans then and I love pecans now. One of our family’s favorite ways to eat pecans growing up was in a pecan pie. Today, I make these delicious Pecan Pie Bars mainly around Thanksgiving and Christmas time. My children and my husband ask for these every year instead of a pecan pie, probably because they can just grab one and go.
It is true that in the south we pronounce pecan like pe-con. The reason is that people in the south who grew up using an outhouse used a pee can during the night. So, If you say pecan (pee can) an individual who grew up in the south may bring you something besides pecans. Yes, I know what you must be thinking. Too much information! Well, this information was passed down by my father, his sisters and my husband’s grandparents.
Please give these pecan bars a chance! We hope you enjoy them.
Best Pecan Pie Bars
Author: Diane @recipesforourdailybread
- 1 cup butter, softened
- Cream the butter and add ½ cup sugar
- Add ¼ tsp salt
- Next, add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Next, add 1 cup chopped pecans
- Four large eggs, beaten
- 1 - ½ cups light corn syrup
- 1 -1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- One tsp vanilla
- Stir in 2 cups chopped pecans
- DIPPING THE BARS INTO CHOCOLATE:
- 2 cups of chocolate (milk or semi-sweet chocolate)
- Spread into the bottom of a lightly greased 12 inch by 17-inch pan.
- Put the dough in the bottom of the pan and place a piece of wax paper over it.
- Press it out even in the pan.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients for the filling.
- Pour it on top of the crust.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 to 24 minutes.
- Melt 2 cups of chocolate in a double boiler. (Milk Chocolate or Semi-sweet)
- Cool, and Cut into bars. Cut the pecan pie bars into triangles by cutting into large squares and then cut eat square into triangles.
- Dip one end of the Pecan Pie triangle into the chocolate.
- Let the chocolate pecan pie bar dry on wax paper.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,750 people who follow our newsletter.