I am so glad you landed here to check out this White Chocolate Bread Pudding.
This White Chocolate Bread Pudding is truly one of my favorite desserts. It is the Best White Chocolate Bread Pudding I have ever had.
I am not going to tell you this White Chocolate Bread Pudding is easy to prepare but I am going to tell you it is worth every minute you spend preparing it. I am also going to teach you how to prepare this extra special dessert.
While living in the New Orleans area, I fell in love with White Chocolate Bread Pudding. It is a smooth, creamy, rich, heavenly, and luscious dessert. I have not found it in restaurants in my area yet, so I learned how to make it. If you have a special occasion coming up, like Valentine’s Day, treat your special person to this bread pudding. If they like white chocolate, they will love this white chocolate bread pudding.
White Chocolate Bread Pudding (Recipe adapted from New Orleans Classic Desserts)
White Chocolate Bread Pudding
Author: Diane @Recipes for our Daily Bread
Recipe type: Dessert
- 12 inches of French Bread, sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces white chocolate (I use Ghiradelli)
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- White Chocolate Ganache
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Bake the French bread on a large baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes to dry it.
- The recipe says to warm the heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the cream to a boil.
- Once the cream starts boiling, remove it from the heat immediately. I use a large microwave safe measuring cup to measure the heavy cream and then bring it to a boil in the microwave. It will take about 3 minutes.
- As soon as you see it beginning to boil, turn the microwave off. I like heating my milk this way because I know it will not stick to the bottom of the pot and burn. Use extreme caution when removing the heavy cream from the microwave.
- Stir the heavy cream before removing it from the microwave, this will release any air bubbles that might pop.
- After removing the heavy cream from the microwave, add the white chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- In a double boiler, heat the whole milk, sugar, eggs, and egg yolks until warm.
- Very slowly add the egg mixture into the heavy cream mixture while whisking quickly as it is being poured in.
- Layer all the bread in a 9x13 inch pan or layer ramekins ¾ full of sliced dried bread.
- Pour half of the custard over the bread and allow a few minutes for the bread to soak up all the custard.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 275 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil from the bread pudding after 1 hour and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- To serve, cut into squares and place on serving plates.
- Drizzle with White Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Sauce.
- If you choose to use individual ramekins, prepare a water bath for the bread pudding. Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 X 13 dish. Add the ramekins with the bread pudding. Next, add warm water to the 9 X 13 baking dish half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- White Chocolate Ganache
- ounces white chocolate
- ounces heavy cream
- Use a microwave safe bowl to heat the white chocolate with the heavy cream for a minute at a time. Stir between each minute until chocolate has completely melted.