Thank you for stopping by to see this delicious Blackened Salmon Pasta Alfredo.
This Blackened Salmon Pasta Alfredo is the perfect combination of spiciness with the blackened seasoning with the creamy homemade Alfredo. I added sliced zucchini to make this an easy one-skillet recipe.
Lately, I have become a huge blackened salmon fan and love this blackened Salmon pasta. I have always known that salmon was good for you, and it is great for your brain, but had no idea of the other benefits. It is not only good for your brain but your heart, hair, skin, cholesterol and so much more. Salmon is an amazing source of Omega-3.
I have always eaten salmon, but I have never enjoyed it. I have not liked it because most of the time, in my opinion, salmon is bland. Since I have been blackening my salmon, it is kicked up and so delicious. Blackened salmon is now one of my favorite things to eat. I love it so much I have used it in several recipes lately including this Blackened Salmon Pasta recipe.
As you could imagine, this creamy homemade Alfredo is amazing by itself, but the combination of blackened salmon with the creamy pasta is fantastic. To make this meal a one skillet complete recipe, I added sliced zucchini. It is easy to make, and you do not need to add anything else with the exception of some bread to sop up every bit of this terrific dish.
What is your favorite way to eat Salmon? I would love for you to share a delicious salmon recipe with me.
- BLACKENED SALMON
- 2 pounds salmon
- Two tablespoons Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic
- And, tow tablespoons Paul Prudhomme's Magic Salmon Seasoning
- Plus, two tablespoons of butter
- two tablespoons of Olive Oil
- One tablespoon of blackening seasoning
- Two tablespoons of minced garlic
- And, one teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces Penne Pasta or 12 ounces of Fettuccine.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- And, 1-1/2 cups half and half
- Plus, 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium zucchinis or 1 large one, sliced thin
- BLACKENED SALMON
- On medium high heat, Heat the skillet with the butter and olive oil
Before adding the fish, the skillet needs to be really hot before adding the salmon.
- To begin cooking the salmon, place the skin side down into the hot skillet for about two to three minutes.
- After seasoning the top of the salmon, flip it over for three to four minutes.
- It will be ⅓ to ½ way done which you will be able to see on the side of the salmon.
At this point, peel off the skin if you do not like it.
- After peeling the skin off, add the blackening seasoning to the top side of the salmon you took the skin off.
- Flip the salmon over and cook for two minutes.
If you like leaving the skin on, season it before placing it down in the skillet.
- Cook each side three to four minutes.
- The time you cook the salmon will vary depending on how thick it is and how pink you like it.
- After it reaches the desired doneness, remove it from the skillet.
- ALFREDO RECIPE
- Cook the pasta according to the package and drain.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet where the salmon was cooking.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper to the skillet.
- Stir in the whipping cream (heavy cream) and half and half.
- After you add the heavy cream, bring it to a boil.
- Be sure to reduce the heat and continue cooking until mixture starts to thicken.
- Next, mix in the grated Parmesan Cheese until melted/
- Toss in the zucchini.
- Serve immediately with the blackened salmon on top of this pasta Alfredo.
- As it cools down, the pasta will thicken.
Blackened Salmon Pasta Alfredo Cooking Tips:
- Serve the pasta Alfredo immediately after cooking it.
- It will become thick as it sits.
- If it gets too thick and does not have enough sauce, add some additional half and half.