Thank you for stopping by to see this amazing Blackened Salmon Salad.
Blackened Salmon Salad is the easiest meal you will ever prepare.
This salmon salad is delicious with ingredients including Salmon, salad greens, tomatoes, walnuts, sunflower seeds, cranberries and Parmesan Cheese.
Delicious Summer Salad
I love a delicious summer salad full of salad greens and all my favorite ingredients. I have made this salad often with blackened chicken, but this time I decided to top it with blackened salmon. This Blackened Salmon is my favorite way to eat Salmon. It makes a scrumptious salmon salad. The salmon is so full of flavor from Paul Prudhomme’s Blackening Seasoning and Salmon seasoning.
Walmart Carries the Blackening Seasoning
I can find these seasonings at my local Walmart. Hopefully, you will be able to find them too. I wish you could taste this salmon. It is spicy but not hot and tender and flaky with a little crispiness on top. It is perfect on top of this salad.
Salmon is loaded with Omega 3 fish oil. I knew salmon is good for your brain but had no idea of the other benefits. It is not only good for your brain but your heart, hair, skin, cholesterol and so much more. Salmon is a fantastic source of Omega-3.
How easy is it to prepare this Blackened Salmon?
I use Paul Prudhomme’s blackening seasoning, his salmon seasoning and a hot skillet with a little olive oil and butter. A lot of people cook their salmon on low, but for this recipe, the skillet needs to be hot. It will sear the blackening seasonings. Place the skin side down into the hot skillet for about two to three minutes. After seasoning the top of the salmon, flip it over and cook three to four minutes. The skin side will be the top side at this point.
Take The Skin Off The Salmon If You Prefer
Now, I peel the skin off the salmon. After peeling the skin off the salmon, add the blackening seasoning to the side of the salmon you took the skin off. Flip the salmon over and cook for two minutes. It truly takes less than ten minutes to prepare this blackened salmon.
The Salmon skin is extremely healthy. Leave the skin on if you prefer.
Build your Blackened Salmon Salad
While the salmon is cooking layer your salad greens, walnuts, sunflower seeds, sliced egg, Parmesan cheese, cranberries, and tomatoes. After the salmon is done, you simply add it to the top to make this salmon salad.
- BLACKENED SALAD FOR 4 to 5 servings
- 2 pounds salmon
- Two tablespoons Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic
- Add, Two tablespoons Paul Prudhomme's Magic Salmon Seasoning
- Two tablespoons of butter
- And, Two tablespoons of Olive Oil
- SALAD for one person
- 1 cup mixed baby salad greens
- And, ½ cup tomatoes
- Two tablespoons walnuts
- One tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Two tablespoons Fresh Parmesan cheese
- One boiled egg, sliced
- One tablespoon dried Cranberries
- BLACKENED SALMON
- Heat the skillet with the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Next, heat the skillet up on high. The skillet needs to be really hot before adding the salmon.
- Next, Place the skin side down into the hot skillet for about two to three minutes.
- After seasoning the top of the salmon, flip it over for three to four minutes.
- It will be ⅓ to ½ way done which you will be able to see on the side of the salmon.
- After I flip over the salmn, I peel off the skin
- After peeling the skin off, add the blackening seasoning to the top side of the salmon you took the skin off.
- Next, Flip the salmon over and cook for two minutes.
- If you like the salmon skin, leave it on.
- Season it before placing it down in the skillet.
- And, cook each side three to four minutes.
- The time you cook the salmon will vary depending on how thick it is and how pink you like it.
- After salmon reaches the doneness you prefer, remove the Salmon from the skillet.
- BUILD THE SALAD:
- Layer the lettuce, tomatoes, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and Parmesan cheese.
- Add fresh ground pepper.
- Next, Add the Salmon and sliced boiled egg.
- CAYENNE RANCH Dressing:
- Teaspoon Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix (Buttermilk Recipe) - I used the entire 1-ounce package.
- cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Add, ¼ teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- And, ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Plus, One tablespoon Hot Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Combine all the ingredients for the Cayenne Ranch in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Seal in an airtight container. I use a mason jar.
Last, Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.