You cannot celebrate summer without cold watermelon. I am going to show you how to make an easy Watermelon salad to enjoy on a hot summer day.
You can whip up this Watermelon Salad in minutes. Be sure to watch the video below and join me every Friday on Facebook Live for an easy recipe demonstration at 11:30 AM Central Time.
Begin by making a simple sugar using 1/4 cup sugar with 1/4 cup water. Heat it in a saucepan on the stove. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Dissolving the sugar will only take a couple of minutes. When the sugar turns from cloudy to clear it is ready. Allow the simple syrup to completely cool. Next, cut a seedless watermelon in half. Take a melon baller and scoop out the inside of half of a watermelon using the melon baller to make small balls. Place the watermelon balls into a large bowl. You should have three cups of watermelon. Mix in two cups of fresh blueberries. Use a lemon zester and zest one lemon into the same bowl. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the simple sugar. Finish this salad with 6 to 8 crushed mint leaves. Stir well and refrigerate until cold. Enjoy!
Use This Watermelon Salad To Make A Light Dessert
For an easy dessert, kick up this Simple Watermelon Salad by serving it over a piece of pound cake or angel food cake. This dessert made with watermelon salad is a perfect light, colorful treat on a hot summer day or 4th July.
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 3 cups Watermelon, in balls or diced
- 6 to 7 mint leaves, chopped
- pinched salt
- Simmer sugar and water for a couple of minutes on the stove until completely dissolved.
- The sugar will turn clear when dissolved. It only takes a couple of minutes.
- Allow this simple sugar mixture to completely cool.
- Add 2 cups Blueberries to a large bowl.
- Use a melon baller and make 3 cups Watermelon balls.
- Combine the watermelon balls with the blueberries.
- Add juice and zest of one lemon.
- Add pinch salt.
- Chop 6 to 7 mint leaves and add it to the salad
If you enjoy watermelon, this Watermelon Lemonade is the best thing on a hot summer day and be sure to try my Patriotic Poundcake. I look forward to seeing you each Friday at 11:30 AM Central Time for my Facebook Live recipe demonstrations.
Other Watermelon Recipe You May Enjoy
- Best WATERMELON CUPCAKES
- WATERMELON LIME SLUSHIE
- Skinny Watermelon Sorbet
- SUMMER WATERMELON SALAD WITH CUCUMBER, FETA AND MINT
- KIWI WATERMELON FRUIT POPSICLES
- NO-CHURN WATERMELON SHERBET
- WATERMELON ICE