This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Thank you for stopping by Recipes For Our Daily Bread to check out this Boston Cream Poke Cake recipe.
This Boston Cream Poke Cake Mix Recipe is a chocolaty, creamy, heavenly delight. It is so simple to make using a cake mix. I am going to teach you how to make it perfect the first time.
My most popular post on my post is my Banana Pudding Poke Cake, so I decided on making this easy chocolate poke cake.
I enjoy making things from scratch, but those posts do not get near the hits as quick and easy recipes. People just do not have time to spend in the kitchen. We all need recipes that we can depend on that taste great and are incredibly easy. One of my favorite desserts is Boston Cream Pie. It is not a pie but more like a cake. I love the combination of cake with a cream filling topped with chocolate icing or ganache.
Use a Cake Mix to make a Boston Cream Poke Cake
After making a Boston Cream Poke Cake using a cake mix, I am still in love. It is so easy to bake a two boxes of instant vanilla pudding and a homemade icing or ganache. My family loved it! I too was so surprised!! It was one of the best Boston Cream Pies I have ever had. If you are looking for an extremely easy and great tasting dessert, try this Boston Cream Poke Cake recipe using a cake mix. It is YUMMY!cake mix and poked holes in it with the back of a wooden spoon. I topped it with
- 1 box BUTTER OR YELLOW cake mix (Ingredients to mix cake as directed on box)
- 2 - 3.4 ounces boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (I used Baker's chocolate squares)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the cake mix according to the directions on the package.
- Bake according to the package in a 9x13 baking pan.
- When cake is done after testing it with a toothpick that comes out clean, remove it from the oven.
- Poke holes in it about an inch apart using the back of a wooden spoon.
- Mix two boxes vanilla instant pudding with 4 cups milk until smooth.
- Pour over the cake with holes poked in the cake.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours until pudding is set.
- MIX GANACHE:
- Heat the butter and heavy cream in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not let it boil.
- Remove from the microwave and add the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to stand for a couple of minutes then whisk it until smooth.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over the cake and pudding that has been refrigerated.
- Refrigerate until chocolate ganache is set a couple of hours.