These Crispy Fried Buffalo Chicken Wings with Garlic Hot Sauce are super crispy and tasty.
Everyone will think you picked these Buffalo Chicken Wings from a restaurant.
Football season and Chicken Wings just go together like Apple Pie and Ice Cream. I have been frying and baking chicken wings at my house lately to eat while watching the playoffs. I cannot wait to add all these recipes to my blog for you to enjoy. When I prepare chicken wings, I fix two different kinds. My husband and my oldest son enjoy Buffalo Chicken Wings, so they are always on the menu during football season. I even eat several of them myself. To get the wings crispy without a lot of breading, I season them well and then lightly dust the wings with flour in a sifter. After dusting the Buffalo Chicken Wings with flour, I let them rest for 15 to 30 minutes before frying. Resting the wings helps the season and flour to stick to the wings when added to the fryer. I toss the wings in melted butter with garlic and hot sauce after draining them for a minute. The butter, garlic, and hot sauce make a delicious combination. The rest of us love honey garlic butter chicken wings. If you enjoy your wings baked, check out these baked hot wings.
What football teams do we cheer for?
I was born and raised in Alabama. We are big Alabama fans, especially my oldest son. He watches and studies every player. I not only lived in Alabama but the Northshore of New Orleans. We have to cheer for the New Orleans Saints.
Want To Download 15 More Cookie Recipes?
Join 4,750 people who receive our newsletter.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- 2 pounds chicken drumettes
- ¼ cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Two teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Enough Peanut Oil to cover the chicken wings.
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup Buffalo sauce/hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the chicken wings on a large baking tray.
- Season well with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Use a sifter and sift the flour and baking powder over the chicken wings to lightly dust them.
- Turn the wings over and season them and dust the other side with flour.
- Allow these wings to set for 15 to 30 minutes before frying.
- While the wings are resting, heat the oil to 360 degrees. The temperature will drop once you add the wings.
- Cook for 12 minutes. The wings will start to float to the top.
- Remove the wings from the oil and drain a minute or two.
- While the wings are still hot, toss them in the sauce.
- In a large bowl that you can toss the wings around, mix the melted butter, garlic, and hot sauce.
FABULOUS FRIED CHICKEN WINGS
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,750 people who follow our newsletter.