This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
One pot one-skillet recipes are my go-to recipes to help put dinner on the table quickly.
This One Skillet Cajun recipe is incredibly flavorful and delicious. Everything is cooked in the same skillet including pasta.
If you love Cajun food, this One Skillet Cajun Andouille Sausage and Pasta will be your new go-to incredibly flavorful quick 30-minutes meal.
My family and I lived in the New Orleans area for years on the North Shore. The time we lived in New Orleans includes when Hurricane Katrina hit. Katrina was not a good experience but OH, HOW we enjoyed the food. Cajun food is full of flavor and terrific. It is what I crave a love to eat the more often than any other food. While living in the New Orleans area, my goal was to try as many Cajun restaurants as possible. My goal was to learn to create each Cajun recipe at home.
You need the following ingredients to make this One Skillet Alfredo Andouille Sausage recipe?
The ingredients include Andouille sausage (Cajun sausage), Olive Oil, Mushrooms, blackening seasoning, garlic, black pepper, chicken broth, Penne Pasta, heavy cream, half and half and Parmesan cheese. These ingredients together make a fantastic, flavorful Cajun recipe.
One pot skillet recipes are my go-to recipes. Because you can have dinner on the table so fast is why I blog about easy one dish one-skillet recipes often. When you are busy with kids, grandchildren, work and more, that leaves little time to spend in the kitchen. When you prepare a skillet recipe, you can have dinner on the table in thirty minutes.
Easy Skillet Recipes
If you are like most families leading super busy lives, you probably rely a lot on fast food or pizza delivery for dinner. You already know eating this way is unhealthy and can get expensive but you have little energy and no time to prepare a meal. Many people give up on ever having a sit-down home cooked meal with their families around a table.
You do not have to have a gourmet kitchen, lots of money nor tons of time to accomplish a homemade meal with your family. Easy skillet recipes are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
One Dish recipes require less clean up since everything including the pasta, and a vegetable is cooked in the same skillet or pot. And… Who does not LOVE pasta? It is perfect for any age. It is also ideal for a crowd because pasta is inexpensive.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- 1 pound ground Cajun sausage, Andouille
- Two tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- Two tablespoons of blackening seasoning
- Two tablespoons of minced garlic
- One teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces Penne Pasta
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups half and half
- 1- ½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- In an extra large skillet or Dutch oven, cook sausage in two tablespoons of butter.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, blackening, and pepper to the skillet.
- Add the chicken broth.
- And, the uncooked pasta.
- Allow the pasta to cook al dente.
- Pasta will continue to cook cream is added.
- Stir in the whipping cream (heavy cream) half and
- Add the sliced mushrooms.
- Reduce the heat and continue cooking until mixture starts to thicken and mushrooms are tender.
- Allow the pasta to cook and the sauce to reduce.
- Mix in the grated Parmesan Cheese until melted.
- The Alfredo will thicken up as it sits.