This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
It does not get any easier, delicious or less expensive than preparing a Cajun Roasted Whole Chicken for dinner.
CAJUN ROASTED WHOLE CHICKEN
Whole chickens are cheaper than purchasing a chicken already cut up. I buy 4 to 6 whole chickens when they are on sale. For my family, I often prepare two chickens to feed my family. I know how to cut up a whole chicken to roast the individual pieces, but I rather just cook it whole. It is easier and delicious. I use different seasonings blends to change the flavor of the chicken. The Creole Butter Cajun Marinade Injector with Cajun seasoning is our favorite way to roast a chicken. I simply love this Cajun Roasted Whole Chicken. The benefit of the crock-pot is you do not have to watch the chicken when it cooks. I also really like to roast this Cajun Whole Chicken in the oven when I have time. The chicken will still be super moist, and the crust will be brown on the outside. sometimes I even prepare it in my
Whether you prepare this Cajun Roasted Whole Chicken in the crockpot or the oven, you need to add some green beans and potatoes around the bottom of the baking dish. The potatoes and green beans will soak up all the juices and flavors from the chicken. They are terrific! While the chicken is cooling and being cut into pieces, my kids will pop a green bean or potato in their months constantly. I have to make my family stop eating their vegetables cooked with this Cajun Roasted Chicken until we put the food on the table.
- One whole chicken
- 1 CAJUN MARINADE INJECTOR
- And, 1 CUP CHICKEN BROTH
- 3 TEASPOONS CAJUN SEASONING
- enough green beans and chopped potatoes to fit around your pan.
- Wash and dry the chicken well
- inject the chicken with the full amount of Cajun injector
- season the chicken with Cajun seasoning
- add potatoes and or green beans around the chicken
- Bake chicken 450 degrees for 20 min to brown the skin
- continue cooking about 20 min at 350 until the chicken temperature reaches 170 degrees.
- If you enjoy mushrooms, they are incredibly delicious in this dish. They will also soak up all the Cajun flavors.
- I have tried other Cajun Maridaides, but the Creole Butter Cajun Marinade Injector is the best.
- You can cook the chicken on its side on a rack.
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.