This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Thank you for stopping by Recipes for our Daily Bread to see this super easy, delicious Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake.
You may notice I bake a lot of desserts with the combination of butterscotch and toffee. It has become a family favorite combination of ingredients. I just had to add butterscotch and toffee to a carrot cake. To make this Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake, I start with a baked carrot cake mix. Next, I poked holes in the cake with the back of a wooden spoon. Then, I added a jar of thick Butterscotch ice cream topping. Last, I top the carrot cake and butterscotch with a homemade cream cheese icing. I figured if I was saving time using a boxed cake at least I could make the icing homemade.
The best part of a carrot cake is a homemade cream cheese frosting. After adding the icing to the cake, I added a bag of Heath English Toffee Bits. YUM! I hope you try this Carrot Butterscotch Toffee Poke Cake. It is fantastic!
I adapted this recipe from Betty Crocker. The original recipe did not call for shredded carrots. The carrots add a lot to a carrot cake. I also added a homemade cream cheese icing topped with toffee bits. A carrot cake is not complete without the cream cheese frosting.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
If you like this combination, try some of my other desserts using butterscotch9 X and toffee. I included them below.
- One box Betty Crocker Carrot Cake mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 -12-ounce jar of thick butterscotch topping
- 8 ounces pack cream cheese, softened
- One stick butter softened
- One teaspoon vanilla
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 - 8 ounce bag Heath English Toffee Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- grease or spray a 9x13 inch pan
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, water, butter, and eggs.
- Stir in the cup of shredded carrots.
- Bake in the 9x13 pan for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
- Cool, cake for 15 min.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon and poke holes in the cake about ½ inch apart.
- Pour the butterscotch topping over the warm cake.
- With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Add the confectioner's sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla.
- Frost the cake with this icing.
- Top the icing with the bag of Heath English Toffee Bits.
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.