This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Thank you for stopping by Recipes for our Daily Bread to see this gooey Cayenne Ranch Chicken Grilled Cheese.
Are you here looking for a delicious grilled cheese sandwich? Do you love Cayenne Ranch Dressing?
Below you will discover a video to show how to make this easy Cayenne Ranch Chicken Grilled Cheese.
Cayenne Ranch Dressing has always been a family favorite at Slim Chickens. It is one of the dipping sauce you can choose when eating your hot succulent fried chicken fingers. I enjoy trying to copy recipes at home that my family enjoys eating out which is how I came up with my version of Cayenne Ranch Dressing. I use this dressing to make this excellent Cayenne Ranch Chicken Grilled Cheese.
Cayenne Ranch Chicken Grilled Cheese Ingredients include bacon, Pepper Jack cheese, Cayenne Ranch, and a cooked chicken breast I butterflied.
How did I prepare this Cayenne Ranch Chicken Grilled Cheese?
For this sandwich to be called a grilled cheese, I wanted it to have lots of stringy cheese. The more cheese, the better in this recipe which is why I added the additional slice of cheese. I used Oven Bacon and added a couple of slices before grilling the sandwich.
What is the secret to a golden brown grilled cheese sandwich?
I learned this trick years ago watching Chef Wolfgang Puck. He was making hot sandwiches and said he always used mayonnaise because butter burns. Mayonnaise on the outside of the bread gets the sandwich crispy and golden. So, I use mayonnaise on all my hot sandwiches no matter if I am grilling them or baking them in the oven. Every time I use mayonnaise on the outside of my sandwich, the sandwich turns out perfectly crispy and golden.
Cayenne Chicken Grilled Cheese
Author: Diane @Recipes for our Daily Bread
Recipe type: Sandwich
Serves: 1 sandwich
- 2 slices French Bread
- 1 chicken breast, butterflied and cooked butterfly but cut it completely through.
- 3 slices Pepper Jack OR cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 tablespoons of Cayenne Ranch Dressing, about 2 tablespoons per piece of bread.
- CAYENNE RANCH DRESSING
- 1 teaspoon Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix (Buttermilk Recipe) - I used the entire 1-ounce package.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- And, ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- Plus, ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- CAYENNE RANCH INSTRUCTIONS
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Seal in an airtight container. I use a mason jar.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
If you are looking for additional grilled cheese sandwiches, check out these recipes.
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.