What makes this Peanut Butter Pie so creamy and dreamy? Heavy cream makes this peanut butter pie so light and fluffy.
My family loves the peanut butter pie from Original Oyster House. They have two locations one in Mobile, Alabama and Gulf Shoes, Alabama. Their peanut butter pie is mile high and incredibly creamy. While on vacation or visiting my family in Mobile, we always have to eat at the Original Oyster House not only for their fantastic seafood but a piece of the peanut butter pie.
This Peanut Butter Pie is an extra light creamy and fluffy.
My original recipe I used to make peanut butter pie called for a non-dairy topping to mix into the filling, but I decided to add heavy cream. I slowly added the heavy cream to the cream cheese, peanut butter, and confectioners sugar to make an extra light and fluffy filling. My family tells me it is just as good as Original Oyster House’s peanut butter pie. YEAH!
This Pie is super easy to make and only takes a couple of minutes, but you do need to allow it to set in the refrigerator overnight or more to firm up.
How to serve this Peanut Butter Pie?
This light and super fluffy pie is perfectly topped with an Oreo or two, Reese Peanut Butter Cups, or Reese Pieces, which are beautiful colors for fall.
If you are looking for an easy pie that you do not have to bake, try this Light and Fluffy Peanut Butter Pie. We enjoy it.
Oreo Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie – Adapted from Humana Hospital Cookbook – East Montgomery 1987 – I used a 9-1/2 inch pie plate. I substituted whipped heavy cream instead of a non-dairy topping.Print
- OREO CRUST:
- 30 Oreos, crushed
- Four tablespoons butter, melted
- PEANUT BUTTER PIE FILLING:
- 16 ounces carton (2 cups) whipped topping
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, soften
- 1/2 box, 16 ounces, (1 3/4 cups) confectioners sugar
- 1 – 10-ounce pack Reese’s mini pieces OR one 8 ounce pack of Peanut Butter cup minis
- OREO CRUST:
- Add the crushed Oreos and butter together in a food processor or blender.
- Pack into the bottom of the pie plate.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- Using a mixer, beat together the peanut butter, confectioners sugar, and cream cheese.
- Slowly add in the heavy cream into peanut butter.
- Whip on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the filling to the Oreo pie crust OR purchase a store bought Oreo pie crust.
- Refrigerate at least overnight to allow it to firm up.
- Just before serving, top with additional whipped cream or non-dairy topping and add Reese’s mini candy pieces or Reese Cups to the top of the pie.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 5,000 people who follow our newsletter.