Onions are naturally sweet. When you cook onions low and slow, it brings out all the natural sugar in the onions.
These Slow Cooker Sweet Caramelized Onions are great on hamburgers, hot dogs, steaks, grilled chicken, pizzas, in onion soup, and more.
Slow Cooker Sweet Caramelized Onions reminds me of being a Christian. We are not naturally sweet. The Bible says in Romans 3:23 “We have all sinned and fall short of the goodness of God.” However, the more we try to become more like Jesus, the sweeter we become. Over time, we change the words that come out of our mouths to sweeter words and behaviors that are pleasant to God. This is not an instant change that occurs once we become a Christian. It definitely takes years, and really a lifetime, to bring all the sweetness out of us. When you think about church, you should never think that a church is filled with perfect people. Instead, think about how we have all sinned and need to work to become a sweet aroma to God.
Slow Cooker Sweet Caramelized Onions
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 5 medium sweet onions, sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning (or seasoned salt)
- 1 - ½ tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Slice the onions thin and layer in the bottom of a crock-pot.
- Sprinkle with Olive oil, brown sugar, and Cajun seasoning.
- Gently toss.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,800 people who follow our newsletter.